Lake Vanderwork??

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by baptistpreach, Jul 24, 2008.

1. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I never hear anything about it, anyone here fished it or know anything about it? I'm trying it out tomorrow morning, so anything helps!

Thanks

2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Here's a topo map of it.

Other than that, good luck.

:004:

3. catfisherokie

catfisherokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    How was the fishing there?

4. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I was hoping you wouldn't ask! We ended up catching 3 super dink catfish. One of them was the smallest I'd ever seen. We did catch quite a few perch though. I ended having 19 of them that were cleaning size. I also caught a fish I haven't seen before. We even had some good ol' Gotebo boys that didn't know what it was either. I plan on posting it tonight If I can. Looks like a cross between a white bass and a carp to me.

I also saw a 1 lb bullfrog that those Gotebo boys shot with a .9 mm! Biggest frog I'd ever seen. They claimed they'd caught one 3x as big the day before. For whatever its worth, wikipedia says they grow up to 1.65 lbs. But who knows!? :roll_eyes: Those guys told me they'd fished there the night before and caught 3 "nice size" ones. Whatever that means :wink:. So, they're in there.

So, all in all, I had a good time, and will go back there again, just fish at night this time!

I also saw some guys in a 2 man boat catch a few bass on the other side of where we were fishing. Nothing to sneeze at, but at least they're in there.

5. Noodler87

Noodler87 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Last Friday night, my girlfriend and i fished at Cimarron River on Keystone Lake and we did pretty good at night.. We caught 9 blue catfish (mostly were between 3 to 10 lbs) and she caught a 20.5 pounds..

6. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Rub it in why don't you! :smile2: Glad to hear you had a good night.