Lake Travis

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BIGCATFISHDAN, Oct 19, 2008.

1. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    HAS ANNY ONE BEEN AFTER BIG CATS ON TAVIS, IF SO HOW BIG IS THE BIGGEST CAT UVE LANDED THERE

2. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've fished Travis several time the last couple of months,biggest I have caught was small about 4lbs, a blue cat on secret7.

3. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    A guy that I know several years ago caught some good fish on the upper end of Travis in the river. He fished from the bank in one of the LCRA parks. I have seen some of his pictures. The next time I see him I will find out how big, and post it. There were stories back in the 1960's of workers on the dam seeing huge fish in that area.

4. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    IVE HEARD THE STORIES OF CATFISH THE SIZE OF VOLKSWAGON BETTLES DOWN THERE BELOW MANSFEILD DAMN

5. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I think every lake has those urban legends. Yet the state record is still 121.5 pound blue.

6. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I think that Lake Travis could be good for some big catfish. I don't know too much about the lower end of it, but The upper end has some pretty good spots. Lake Travis is 65 miles long, and when the lake is full or near to it, you can get to the upper end by boat. Right now it's down quite a bit and there are places that you can literally walk across when you get to the smithwick area.