LAKE TRAVIS TORNADO

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BIGCATFISHDAN, Mar 26, 2009.

1. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    WELL I NEVER BELIVE THE WEATHER MAN IVE ALWAYS BET AGINST THOSE MEN.YESTERDAY I WAS AT MULE SHOE BY 4:30 PM AND BY 5 I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A TORNADO, IM TALKIN BASEBALL SIZED HAIL AND IM IN MY 92 CROWN VIC THAT ALREADY HAS A CRACKED WINDOW. TREES FALLING TRASH FLYING. IT WAS HAIL :smile2:. AFTER THAT PERFECT STORM ILL SAY NOT EVEN 10 MIN AFTER THE SUN CAME OUT AND THERE WERE 2 RAINBOWS SIDE BY SIDE THE BAIT WAS PLENTIFUL THE CATS WERE SCARCE.

THANK GOD IM A COUNTRY BOY

2. vclifford28

vclifford28 New Member

State:
    Texas
    wow I live ib Hutto and we did'nt get any of that! We got some rain and small pea sizes hail but definately no tornados! Glad to hera you made it out ok! By the way what kind of cats are you after? we fished Travis 2 weeks ago and caught several 3 to 5 lb channels by pace bend park. The biggest was my wifes she caught hers on cut shad,the rest came on secret 7 and sonny's blood. There are several other places we fished lately on Travis that produced good numbers but nothing big. good luck.

3. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
    flathead and blues not to manny channels bite on live bait

4. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    That hail was terrible. My step daughter was driving home from work and was caught in the middle of it. The hail broke the front and rear windshield, completely destroyed the sun roof, knocked off one of the mirror covers, broke a headlight, and pretty much beat up the whole car. I'm sure the insurance company will total it. There were alot of homes with windows knocked out as well.

5. BIGCATFISHDAN

BIGCATFISHDAN New Member

State:
    texas
  6. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I am glad we missed all of that really bad weather up here in NE Texas. All we got was a lot of wind and rain which we needed badly. We just need a few more gully washers to get the lakes back up to normal levels.