Lake Tilllery, 6/22/07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Jun 23, 2007.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

The fishing was a little slow, I did get some blues but nothing too big, several white perch, and the biggest channel I've ever caught, he went 14.5 lbs. Anyone who likes to catch white perch schooling can rack up right now.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Those whiter perch can keep a kid happy for hours...OR ME!!! I love catching them, and they make great bait. Lake Norman is to the schooling point too. When they hit bare gold hooks the fishing is easy!! :lol:

Awesome channel cat! We have a lot of channels in Wylie, but they just dont seem to want to get past the ten pound mark. Lots of 5's, 6's, 7's and a few 8's, but after that you are into rare territory.

Did you catch the channel drifting or anchored??

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey I caught it anchored in about 24 ft. I'm going to try and post a pic. I couldn't do it for some reason earlier. I was by myself and had to let it have my seat...:lol:

Attached Files:

4. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    jeff that is a nice channel. were you in my honey hole again? lol

eddie

5. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That is an excellent fish and not too far off of the state record

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Sure was, I was right about where you are in your avatar picture....:smile2:

7. norton

norton New Member

State:
    NC
    how deep were you fishing

8. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I was fishing in 24 ft, using a bottom rig.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's so cool Jeff, thanks for the report. Great channel, I would have let it take my seat too :big_smile:.

10. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Thats a nice channel Jeff, I hope you didnt get a ticket for not puttin his seatbelt on.:big_smile:

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    looks like a trophy to me. nice channel cat.

12. kenmany

kenmany New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice channel...I was @ tillery on Sat with some friends and I had planned on doing a bit of Catfishing. We got out early and started catching bait on hook and line. They're not big into catfishing and were having so much fun catching all those white perch and bluegill, so thats about what we did all day. We probably caught 100 of them, including a few fairly nice bass. I also caught 2 channels on my ultra-lite gear, right around 4-5lbs. Saw some beautiful wildlife, including a beaver tearin up a tree and a deer swimming across river up by the dam. Any congrats on you big channel!