Lake Tillery

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by killentime99, Oct 14, 2007.

1. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    New to this lake going to be putting in at wildlife ramp on lake tillery road.
    Any advice on lake or ramp would be greatly apreciated, thanks.

2. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I always put in at 24/27 /swift island most of the time you can easily catch bait around in there before heading out on the lake,

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    If you fish up the lake, then current is sometimes the deciding factor on a big bite. There are tons of big fish there. Fish ledges and holes like you normally would and don't count out the deep water. If things get tough, start drifitng and go fidn fish. shad and perch are good baits there. Good luck with it!

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you need to catch bait before first light in most cases. either ramp is good. most fish up river of the ramps but dont count out the lower end for drifting either. plenty of white perch for bait that can be caught on the ledges right now in 15-20 ft of water. water level has been close to full or maybe down a foot lately. lots of under water grass right at the landing at swift island right now so might be tuff on your cast net until you get past the little bridge but i been seeing alot of gizzard shad at the landing above the grass with a spot light lately.

5. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Micheal congrats on your 1500th post!!!

6. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Hi Paul,
    That ramp on tillery rd is a good ramp to put in your pontoon, i like it better than swift because not many boaters use it, some times its a mad house at swift, on tillery rd your in and out no problems.

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I've never thought about using that ramp, but might give it a try next time around. It's like autopilot going to Swift Island. see ya

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    lillys bridge is another option for the lower end of the lake. i havent been down there since winter but when i went in the winter i caught bait in that cove too before first light.

9. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    we used lilys bridge back during the summer and believe it or not it wasn't all that crowded

10. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    There's a ramp at Norwood. You take Indian Mound road off of 24/27 for at least 5 miles I think. Been years since I used that ramp. The road that you take off of Indian Mound to the boat ramp is easy to miss if you don't know where it is.