Lake Tillery

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    This morning I finally made it down to Tillery. The blues were bitting. I caught 7 blues from 5-12lbs, several big channels and a striper. Fishing up river around mountain creek. Boy was it foggy this morning. Water temp was at 47*. I tell you for the first 1 1/2 of daylight I had a blast, I was bringing them in left and right. Next time I'll get the big one. I saw only two other boats on the whole lake. See-ya.

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Good to here that the blues are hitting on Tillery. Its about time to put up the rifle and get out the boat.

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm not familiar with all the lakes around this state. Where is Lake Tillery located?

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

It is between Troy and Albamerle. Take highway 24/27 and you can't miss it.

5. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    What sort of access to the lake is there? What else does 24/27 run through that I might familiarize myself with?

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

There is a good boat ramp right on 24/27. Its called swift island. Which way would you be coming from. Coming from Troy, swift island is on the left right before you get to the bridge.

7. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I've only been in the state for 7 years now. It's taken me this long to get serious and start figuring out how to fish this place! So, not to sound like a tourist, but I have no idea where Troy is! lol I'm between Jacksonville and Richlands on the coast, if that helps any....of course, I could always invest in a map.... :confused: