Lake Tillery

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kenmany, May 1, 2007.

1. kenmany

kenmany New Member

State:
    NC
    Hello everyone...Hope everyone is gettin along well. I know I would be doing alot better if I could get out and do some fishing. But thats what I wanted to talk about. One of my friends just bought a house right off of Lake Tillery. I plan on going up and visiting him in a few weeks. I have never done any fishing up there and was hoping I could get some insight as to where to start. Is there plenty of bait to be found, just anything that might help a brother out to have a good weekend. Thanks in Advance!

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    If there running water on the weekend , you need to fish up river past Mt. Creek. The blues have been up there as of late. As for bait, this time of year can be a pain. I would look in the back of coves or bays, shallow water.

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    just like Tomahawk said, look for bait in the backs of creeks and coves and you will find some. You'll have to look a little bit, but you should find it. Fish up river in the bends and near dropoffs. Fish can be shallwo right now, bo don't rule that out. If you get into some flatheads up there, let us know about it. That's the only thing the Yadkin gang around here really hasn't conquered at Tillery are flatheads in the spring. Should be some stripers up river too. good luck!

4. kenmany

kenmany New Member

State:
    NC
    Thats great. This info will really help. I have never done any fishing for blues, just always flathead (but Rookie12-I plan on giving it a shot while@ Tillery). What I will probably do is fish all day and catch some nice sized bream to use later in the evening. I would think there are plenty of bream in Tillery but I could be wrong. I know when I fish Sutton Lake here in Wilmington, I can catch 30-40 in and hour and a half or so. But I am definatley looking foward to getting up there. Thanks again!