Lake Tillery

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by DLCATER, Mar 30, 2007.

1. DLCATER

DLCATER New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Started out slow this mourning, it took over one hour to catch enough bait to fish with.Headed up river where I saw some guys jugging last week.Anchored down on a good transition point we saw on the depth finder,little did we know that it would be the best mourning of fishing we've had in a while!
    Around 8:00 AM the fish started biting,first cat was a blue around five pounds,then the unexpected hit,saw one of my rods bend and struggled to get it out of the rod holder,while fighting the fish I got a glimpse of it behind the boat and knew that it was over fifty pounds.Netted the big blue and was amazed that it weighed out at 74lbs 10ozs.:big_smile: We caught several more blues a 21,16,15,12,and two 8 pounders.Also caught one 8 pound striper.What a day of fishing, it does'nt get much better than that!I'll try to post pictures, not quite sure how.[​IMG]

2. DLCATER

DLCATER New Member

State:
    north carolina
    WILL TRY TO POST PICTURES LATER.

3. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the report Dennis. Thats a pig of a blue you caught there. Good to have days like that. Were they pulling water and what was the water temp.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the big blue dennis. i hate to say it but you should post that one in the hall of fame on the boc. i will be setting on that transition this morning if you ant already on it by now and i can find some bait.....lol.

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I knew someone would break my record down there. Looks like Iam going to have change that. Iam going have to shoot for one over 100lbs. See-ya.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    WOW!! What a day on the water! Something must be in the air. Everyone is having a good week!!

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    If I'm not mistaken, it is the week after the full moon and this would be the 6th month in a row where big fish were caught all over the week after the full moon. I'm just sorry that I can't be out there right now! Boat is undergoing a little surgery right now and ya'll are catching hawgs. Dang it!!

8. CMJ

CMJ Guest

That was a great day, can't wait to see the pictures.

9. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If my memory serves me right, about the same time last year you caught a blue that size on Badin. Congrates again.

10. DLCATER

DLCATER New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Thanks everyone for the compliments,it is kind of funny how it's almost one year since we caught the 75 pounder on Badin.Not sure exactly what the water temp. was but, they were pulling water all mourning.