Lake Tillery

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Man oh man, I can hardly wait to get the results from the activies on Lake Tillery on Feb. 3, 2007. The big horses, such as Tomahawk, Catfishrus, CMJ, Rookie12 and new comer Seaark. Who will be the man of the day at 3:00 PM on Saturday (2-03-07). Will it be Tomahawk who has been pulling the big ones in all winter and sending me those nice photo's of same, while I have been here on LKN catching 5 to 20 pound fish? Or, how about old Catfishrus, the fellow with the new fishing poles and maybe one of the deeper thinkers of the group. Now, that CMJ fellow, I don't know much about him, but I sure would be watching what he does and where he goes! Rookie12 sounds like he can take care of himself and make do with what the weather and fishing gods give him. Last but not least is Seaark, with all that stink bait, chicken livers, night crawlers and I don't know what else. All I can say is go get them Seaark and have fun. Doggone, I forgot about our cat fishermen from the Carolinas Catfish Club, such as Kevin Custer/BluesFearMe (three time state champion) and his partner, how about Omar and Tracy, Chris and Joe (these two fellows have been known to bring in 150 pound stringers), Wayne Estes, and on and on. Lets let the party begin and may the best fishermen/women win and those that don't, be sure to enjoy the experience. One more thing, be careful on the water.

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    mac i was thinking maybe if i can get some georgia wiglers i whould have the thing sowed up i have been taking lessons from gus but i will have soom fun for sure good luck to all and try to be safe. ron howard

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    boy there is some good names in the last part of that statement. i seen them on top several times, so they ant no misprint in that crowd but this is home waters if you will.......:lol: dont mean much to me but old cmj has been known to hold back. hes a new comer to tournament fishing and he might leave a footprint in the morrow mountains on feb 3. wheres them last folks at anyways? i need help when i get to thinking like a wild man sometimes. tomahawk now that could be heavy weigh in right there. i heard he was going to be pulling around a hot tube to put his fish in. rookie, he been feeding his fish a big lunch. me, im in it for the good time.:wink:

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Ron, I didn't know that you were going down to Lake Tillery this weekend. Boys, this is another one of our CCC members and he placed eleventh in the Cabela's King Kat Classic in 2006. Go get um Ron with your Georgia wigglers.

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

The fish are the ones that's been holding back on me lately......:big_smile: Maybe I'll find them tommorrow if I don't freeze first.

6. MERUSS

MERUSS New Member

State:
    nc
    heh guys I know where I can lay my hands on 75 hellgramites. Have ya'll ever used them for blues? They work great for bullheads and I have caught as many as 10 cats on one bait!

7. FLATHEADJOE

FLATHEADJOE New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    guys good luck at tillery one day ill get up there and show you boys how to get-r-done lol seaark ill get you some bait if you let me have some perch lol and mike i got some biscuits and gravy for you lol good luck guys and be careful.

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey i trade you 38 grasshopper for some of them hellgramites.....:big_smile:

9. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I think I'll just use some shrimp, those channels like them, really.....:big_smile:

10. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    I started this thread (1-29-07) discussing who was fishing the tournament 2-03-07 and ending it by saying you'll better watch out for them catters from the Carolinas Catfish Club and mentioned two, Chris and Joe, who have been known to bring in big stringers. Did they bring home the bacon of what, congrat's fellows. By the way, we meet on the second Wednesday of every month, except December, and would love to have you Tillery and Badin guys and gals visit us. Bring the wife and kids, we have members that do and they seem to enjoy it, at least once!

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    mac i got the pleasure to talk with one of them at the weigh in and he seem like i a fine fellow to me. even shared some information with me on how they won it too. i fished close to these guys that day and they made a move that i had never thought about while prefishing that area that impressed me. looking back i seen them do the same thing at mt island last year and bring big fish to the scales in the spring tournament. i think experience put them in the winning seat saturday and thats what it takes to get there. those guys have it and along with my respect. congrates to joe and chris.

12. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    yep, I agree. They get my respect and they sure made a gutsy move that you are talking about Michael. I would have never done it or thought about it, but hey, live and learn. I will add that to my arsenal from now on. congrats fellas. Second place had the big fosh I believe though, but Chris and Joe had a stringer of good ones. see ya

13. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    You guys ought to come up and fish fickle Mountain Island with us on the 17th of Feb. You never know if it will take 30 pounds or 80 to win it. It would ne nice to meet some of you in person. Met Chrisblue and Beaufort at the Monticello tourney and although the fishing was tough it was good to meet fellow catfishers from the mid-state.

14. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I don't think my wife would think too highly of me donating more money going to a lake I've never fished before. Odds of me doing well there are not too good! That is one of the lakes that I would like to learn, but I just haven't got there yet.

15. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey chris whats a better way to learn it.......:big_smile: heck i learned a little bit at tillery and i might aswell try again and see if what i learned works or not. its bad to not know anything but to know something that dont work is that much worse.:wink: heck cannot be no worse than last year when we lost. only way it can go is up. heck i might go to the ccc meeting on wednesday and fish the tournament on saturday. cannot go wrong with that.

16. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    You are right on that, I just don't have that much time or resources to put towards tournament fishing right now. From what I saw Sat. at Tillery though, it is in my futur, I assure you of that! If you fish it, good luck to ya'. Make the homeboys proud, or lose trying!! lol

17. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I look forward to meeting you at the CCC meeting Wed. Michael. My approach to the tournaments has changed alot since I first started fishing them. I think I got a little burned out but now I look at it as an opportunity to just have some fun rather than pressing so hard to win. I 'm not sure a person can fish harder to do better in a tournament--just have to keep on putting 'em out there and hope you get the good bite! It is exciting when you know you are bringing a big coolerful to the scales.

18. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Micheal the meeting on the 14th will be a good one. Fellow BOC'er Phillip Price will be doing a presenation on river fishing in current. From talking with him I think we can all learn a lot. He thinks outside the box and does things differently. I am sure there are some things he does the same, but with his approach I am sure we can all take home something new.

Mudkip said, "...I 'm not sure a person can fish harder to do better in a tournament..." I agree, but you can fish smarter!!

19. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah, but sometimes you can overthink the deal and outsmart yourself!:lol:

20. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    guys im going to try and make the meeting. i hear you on the out smarting part rodger. i think thats what i did at tillery. like i said i fished the same area as the winners for several weeks and just never took the chance to better my fishing in that area. got stuck in my old habits that have produced for me when fishing during the week when current was at the best. yea i heard price was good from tomahawk. thats a good sign....:wink: