Lake Tillery report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well yesterday I went out and caught about 7 blues from 10-22lbs. This morning I went back and only caught 3 blues from 10-40lbs. Lost one other nice fish. It's amazing as to how blues move from one day to another. The past two mornings it was chilly with that northwind blowing. Both mornings had plenty of bait. Water was at 56* up river. See-ya.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Robert, do you recall what time you caught the 40 pounder? I am trying to see if there is a time line for big fish, during the Spring AM hours. Mudkip has been catching some nice cats around 9 to 10 AM and I my big fish this week have also been within this time period, except for the flathead yesterday AM and I caught him at 8 AM and the two blues around 10 to 10:45 AM. My three nice fish last week were in the 9:15 to 10:15 time period. If anybody else has caught a nice fish or a bunch of fish during the morning hours, please chime in with the weigh and time period. Thanks, Mac

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I think I caught that one around 0800.

4. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like the blues are bitting better at tillery than badin. Nice day robert.

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Well, I think the blues bite good on Badin, b/c when I can find 'em I catch 'em. The problem is finding the blues. They like to play hide and seek down there. AS catfishrus said, Badin will make you or break you! It's broke me a few times!

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrtaes with the 40 but whats wrong with that line/hook robert.:big_smile: just messing with you! cmj and i went this evening and got 9 blues. and yes cmj got the two biggest ones. i believe the biggest weighed 16-17lbs. would of weighed more if i caught it....:lol:

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah , I believe you were using some bad scales on my fish, I think they weigh each fish about 20lbs. less than the true weight....:lol:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i see how you operate now. them fish are always bigger the next day....:lol: i cannot say much you caught two bigger than me but we will do it again.

9. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    i have noticed on badin watching the striper fishermen on the wall at the dam that about 1030 -11 they strippers dissappear but so does the shad

Eric