Lake Tillery Report March19

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well I went down the Tillery this morning. I had with me Tony Gerttia from the NC Sportsman magizene.They wanted to do an acticle on Tillery. We head up river to do some fishing. It started out bad. I lost 3 blues that were over 20lbs each. Moved further up river and marked some real good fish. Put out and caught seveal channel cats. Then a big blue hit. He weighted out at 50lbs. We got some great pictures of him. He put up a real good fight. We would have caught some more but shortly after getting in that big one. The south winds started blowing really hard and we couldn't anchor anymore. Well at least we got one big fish for pictures. I wish we would of found those fish earlier. Water temp was at 51*. See-ya.

2. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    outstanding job robert. I would have just liked one of those 20lb fish to hit on badin saturday.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yea robert, tony was at badin and we could of done it down there you know. just kidding thats the way it goes. maybe we will see you on the front cover here soon. i cant take it. anybody want to lay out work.:lol: i cant do that either. congrates on the catch robert.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    It is tough to take a sportswriter out and deliver. Robert, you are the MAN!

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I thought I saw Michael hand you his little book that has all the addresses of the fish in Tillery to ya' on Sat. I'd like it next please! just kidding with ya'. Good job on that blue. I bet it was funny watching little Tony real in that monster. You did let him real it in right. see ya

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    chris he dont need my book thats for sure. hes got a catalog of honey holes. on a side note i dont ever remember robert handing me no fishing pole with a 50lber on it....lol. i dont blame him though because the feeling would be about the same. now i have seen a few older folks take big fish away from kids. my dad took my sons 41lber at santee one night while i kept saying give that rod to that boy. he never did. hes since said he done the wrong thing but we havent let him live it down either. i guess i could of pushed him off the front of the boat. thats okay we looking for a 50 anyways. back to robert.....naw he didnt give that rod away.:lol:

7. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats Robert on the big blue. Do you have a picture that you can post. Would like to see that monster. :smile2:

8. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    No, I forgot my camera today. Tony got pictures of it for the magizene with his camera. It's not a didgtal camera so i guess your going have to wait till it comes in the NC Sportsman.

9. DLCATER

DLCATER New Member

State:
    north carolina
    NICE CATCH TOMAHAWK, WAS THE BAIT STILL IN BOAT LANDING COVE?

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey are you the dennis from stanley? welcome abaord!

11. DLCATER

DLCATER New Member

State:
    north carolina
    YES,I AM.MY PARTNER(CHRIS FRALEY) AND I WERE THINKING ABOUT GOING TO TILLERY FRIDAY, WERE WONDERING IF WE NEED TO CATCH BAIT AT BADIN BEFORE HEADING DOWN TO TILLERY.

12. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Welcome to the board Dennis! You shoudn't need to get bait at Badin. There should be plenty of shad in the cove where the boat ramp is at Swift Island. They could be anywhere in there. Get there early aand look around for 'em. I've caught 'em right out from the ramp when the water gets warm like it is now. Also catch quite a few right under the bridge there. Get there before daylight. Good luck and let us know how you do. see ya

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i havent been since the tillery tournament but i havent been this year yet that i couldnt get it at swift island so far but the water is warming. tomahawk could better answer your queston. im taking my son out saturday and give it a whirl. need a break from badin right now. congrates on your second at badin. i didnt know we was that close to you fellows for weight. i think tomahawk left the wrong channel cat in the live well for weigh in....:lol:

14. DLCATER

DLCATER New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Thanks for the welcome,:0a31: I'll let yall know how we do friday.​

15. Gram-aw

Gram-aw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey, Catfishrus. This is your cousin, Tim. I have not been on here in quite a while. Just got another pontoon and ready to get back on the lake. In a previous post you say your dad took the rod from your son, thats good to know. The next time I see him I will be sure to ask what that was all about. lol.

Good to see you on here and hope we can get together some time.

16. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    welcome to the boc tim. yea i sent you a pm on the story of the fish just so it dont get turned around if ya know what i mean. he took it from his grandson!:lol: