Lake Tillery report Aug19

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Me and Catfishrus hit Tillery last night. We did pretty good. We caught 3 blues 12lbs,35lbs and a 36lber. We missed another 6 fish. Using live whiteperch. Using floatrigs and downlines. Had to cover alot of water to find them. Great night on the water,cool and not many boats. I do have to say this. There are some real dumbass on the water. At daylight they had a bass tour. We all the bassboats going up river came within 20yds of us. One time we were ready to jump over board. This guy was coming right at us and didn't even see us until he was on top of us.

2. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    What depth was most productive? Here on Hartwell the thermocline is around 25', and we havent had much luck in the last few weeks, the bite has been real slow

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I had the same problem yesterday morning at Tillery, from pleasure boaters most of the time and a few bass fishermen, I've come to expect it on saturdays during the summer. At least yall got a couple of good ones before they got out on the lake....:wink:

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    it was a pretty good night and i missed two fish that i shouldnt have. i know they was nice fish too by the 3/4" bite marks on the bait. i have to say also i believe i will return the favor to next bass boat that comes at me head on at 60 plus with the hammer down front of the boat out of control and run by us at that distance at first light. my ol boat can get up there and do that too with a idoit driver. there was no sense in what happened to us. i hope they think the same thing when i return the favor. bad part was two john boats beat him up river 5 minutes earlier. i think he needs bigger motor.:smile2:

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    15-20 ft no sign of thermo. here. strange?

6. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah Livebaiter and myself went out on Badin fri night for some B.S. fishing and had one come right at us at about 1:00 a.m. and turned at the last minute. It's scary when you are anchored down and cant move!

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i do believe we are in for a speed limit on our lakes. 40-50 mph is one thing but 60 plus and on the edge of the boats limit is just too much. i had slip corks setting where he passed us at early in the night. funny part was we was 100 ft off the bank and he had the whole river channel but came between us an the bank. we both threw up our arms and he never let out of it. just disrespect for his fellow fisherman is all it was. looks like they would enjoy the chance to fish at first light without all the joy riders to respect the other fisherman doing the same thing. its just a shame that everyday life of dog eat dog has to go to the lake. come on winter time...that will slow them down.:wink: frozen eyeballs take a while to heal.

8. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    I hate that I had a bunch of jet skiers last year on the cape fear river come within 10-15 foot from my boat so when they came around again i threw some liver at them that made then think twice about doing it again.