Lake Tillery Report April06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well me and Catfishrus went to Tillery yesterday. The winds finally switched directions and warmed things up for awhile. So we headed to the lake. Caught some good shad in real shallow water. Warning: tree stumps and cast nets don't mix. Looks like I did Catfishrus a favor and got rid of his old cast net for him. We got it back but it was really tore up, not much left but lead weights. As for fishing we headed up river. The first place we tried we caught one striper, lost another and caught several whitecats and one small flat. The second place we did alright. Caught about 5-7 blues from 10-20lbs. They were bitting pretty good considering that cold front was in. We stayed until 1030 ,then the strong nw winds returned and we had to leave. Over all a good night of fishing. Catfishrus really needs help in figuring out how to set the hook on catfish. He lost about 4 nice blues. The hooks he uses, if they do set, then his the line breaks. One day he'll figure it out. Water temp was alittle cool, 58*.

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Sounds like a good night, it would have been really good if Michael could hold up his end.....:lol:

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dang i did good with them old hooks and line last week with winston but robert has to ask when we get to the lake "did change them hooks?" it was down hill from then on. i think he jinxed me! i was using 30lb test "new" andy line and the same old hooks....:lol: i was just messing with you robert. i just wanted to show you i could hook one....:lol: owell at least we wasnt fishing in a tournament this time. as for the hook set misses well im getting older i guess. really wasnt my fault anyways.... those where winstons rods but he was sleeping again. im headed to fishing store here shortly for a couple cast nets and we going to have a meeting on them hooks and line. still had fun!

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well im ready now! the flathead kid and me plan to get even next week with them cats. its spring break from school and we got high hopes. looking forward to a great week of fishing with my son again. will post how it goes but i got a good feeling.

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I hope ya'll get some good ones next week Michael, if Id on't recall ya'll did pretty good last year. I think he got a 18 lb. blue out of Badin drifting right? Good luck, I almost got the boat back together and ready for the Congaree. let me know how bait is at Badin if you hit Badin. Flatheads should be revvign up if the water gets any warmer. I bet they are in their usual spring spots if you know what I'm saying!!! I'm going to hit Badin Thrus. night and get bait for the Congaree this weekend. I don't feel like stopping off at Ned's and buying bait. I hate buying it when I can net all I need at Badin usually. let me know on the bait and anyone else that hist Badin this week. Thanks bud!

6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    have fun! spring break for me was last week, got in about 5 days of fishing (outside a local private lake), had a blast. just dont catch all of them because i might need some later on when i visit badin or tillery :lol: .