Lake Tillery North Carolina, 4-24

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Apr 24, 2006.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Had a good day today, caught 12 blues, 3 whites, and 1 channel. The biggest blues were 15,15, 20,21,28, and 31 pounds. The other six ranged from 6 to 12 pounds. I was achored in 26 ft. of water on the upper end of the lake. The water temp was 70. I was able to catch enough bait to fish with but none to spare. I might post pictures of the 28 and 31 later.

2. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jeff, What a great day on the lake. I bet you had the lake to yourself?

Mark

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey jeff thats a great day. i bet your arms are a little sore. i may try it tomorrow. congrates on the catch

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I seen a few more boats on the lake but not many. I didn't see anyone that looked like they were catfishing. I'm going to post pictures of the 28 and 31. Pictures of fish laying in the boat don't do them justice. I need to buy a digital camera with a timer!!!

Attached Files:

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey jeff you dont need no timer, you just need a good first mate in that boat. hey i went this morning with my dad. we fished up river also. we caught 14 blues,4 whites,2 fat stripers,and my dad caught a 3 lb largemouth on cut bait. the biggest blue was 10-12 lbs so jeff you must have give the big ones the sore mouth yesterday. bait was tuff in the cove but better than last time. there was no current today and we caught all these fish by 9.00 this morning in 17 ft of water. the bite just stopped after that. i tried drifting deeper water and had two hits but missed those.

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Michael, you are right about the first mate, only problem is, sometimes they want to reel in all of the fish........lol. Looks like another front coming in, maybe things will be right by friday.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dang jeff i just hooked the boat back up, checked the rods, and you said another front is moving in. looks like ne winds and 70 percent rain tomorrow. i knew i should have stayed longer today. well at least i ready to go anyway. how many days to friday? i getting confused again....lol.