Lake Tillery Friday morning

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by DLCATER, Mar 24, 2007.

1. DLCATER

DLCATER New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Well started out slow trying to catch bait, finally caught around fifty gizzard shad and my partner and I headed up river.Running up river we noticed someone was jugging, needless to say there were several jugs with nice blues on them that just happen to get off, if you know what I mean! Biggest blue was around 15lbs, but we talked to the guys later and they said their biggest was around 35 or 40lbs.Those guys had a boat load of blues, its a shame to see all those fish taken out of Tillery.
    Our day was'nt so good, ended up catching several whites and channels,but no blues.We must have been doing something wrong because the blues were there.Did end up finding the bait down river on the banks off the main channel though.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey dennis was they using orange bottles for jugs? i seen a few of them but they didnt have any fish on them that i saw. anyway we didnt get to do no jugging.:wink:

3. DLCATER

DLCATER New Member

State:
    north carolina
    The guys jugging friday mourning were using round orange foam with numbers on them for jugs.

4. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't think I've ever been to Badin and someone wasn't jugging. Gone it make it a lot harder to catch them blues if they are taken them out of there. Numbers are going to drop; especially a lake that small.