Lake Tillery Blue catfish

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bobwheelr, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Tillery was good to wife and i monday, got three nice blues monday morning, and tore them up monday nite. got a 35, 22, and a 18 lber monday morning. went back out monday evening and got a 45, 28, 19, two 16s and a 14 lber. What a great day for blues. also got channels from 2-6 lbs.

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc317/Bobwheelr/

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice catching there bob and pat! save some for the jan 19th now.:wink:

3. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    i put all of them back with a note to the old indian to hold then untill 1-19. sorry about the pictures, that picture stuff is new to me. if you click on a photo it will enlarge and put you in the album.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey bob when santa brings that side image to your house for christmas go ahead and get you a bucket to put all your arrowheads in. i already got half a bucket full.:smile2: man that side image is something else.:smile2:

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Nice catch Bob , You're not coming on the 19th are you....:smile2:

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    How was catching bait or did you bring your own. I'm wanting to make a trip, but a I know bait can be a pain sometimes. Nice day you had there! see ya

7. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    i,ll be there jeff but only to see you get the money.

8. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice fish. glad to see yall had good trip.

9. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Looks like you did well.Thanks for sharing .

10. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy Bob,
    This is Jamie Durham (Bigwhiskers) from Elon. I just joined yesterday, and fish lakes Jordan and Buggs mainly. Good job on the "fatties".

11. CMJ

CMJ Guest

That would be good.....:wink: but there are so many good catfishermen out there, like yourself, it will be hard to do , I enjoy it either way....:cool2:

12. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    i try hard, as long as we can release those fish for another day of catching i,m happy. Over the years i have seen so many big cats at the cleaning areas at santee it just made me sick. i will keep a channel or two for the table but i release all my blus and flats for another day. For the tournaments who knows, anyone at the right place, right bait and a little luck can win. i will still put my money on you. But Don,t Count me out. I know the place, have the rite bait, its the lucky part i have trouble with.

13. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah, that's the main thing, releasing those big ones in good shape. I tried the duck decoy bag on one of the fish the other day and it did good, I just put some weights in it to make it sink, tied on a long rope, it it worked good. I'm going to get a couple of more soon.

14. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    i never touch a blue with my hands and use wet towels if i have to pick one up, and release them within mins if its not a tournament. the towels seem to keep the slim on the blues better, i like to see a tournament weighin at anytime for a big blue, but i no its hard.