Lake Tillery Almost perfect day

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JDWILLIS39, Dec 10, 2007.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    We (wife and I)arrived at Cook's landing about 8:45 am, it was very foggy. Put the boat in and engaged the GPS:eek:oooh: eased out up lake staying close to west bank the fog was beginning to clear on that side.Sure enough out of fog came a BASS boat :embarassed:(I remembered Mac's advice) but you could see far enough he could slow down a little and went by at only about 45 miles an hour. As fog lifted went up lake with the high tech sonar running. Found some fish in about 30/34 feet of water Temp 58 degrees with light south west wind. Put on some cut (frozen) shad. Used couple of other baits I been wanting to try. Put on one cut brim. Not a bite. Moved on tried couple more places. No luck. Later in day went down lake and found Crappie on sonar (I think) but could not even get them to bite. We had be headed back home by 3 so no fish but beautiful day on water. :tounge_out:

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    JD,
    Better luck next time on the fish. A bad day fishing is better than a good day doing anything else. At least you got to enjoy the day on the water.
    Thanks for sharing,
    David

3. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    wish wife and i had seen you on tillery, we were their sun and monday, we got some nice blues this trip, monday we got a 35 lb, 22 lb and a 18 lb just after fog lifted. had all three boated and released by 10:30. went back out monday evening and got a 45 lb, 28 lb , 19 lb and 2 16 lbers and a 14 lb. it was blue catfishing at its best. i will try to post pictures later, not very good at that. I think we were at marina when you came in. we were going to eat, we were in white van next to boat slip.

4. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    John
    Sometimes catching fish is the icing on the cake...just being out in the boat with your wife and enjoying the water and surroundings is priceless. Next trip, hope you all catch a boat full!! :wink:

Linda

5. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Bob were you drifting just below the bridge about time fog lifted. I saw some really big fish in the deep water there but since a boat was already fishing I moved on.
    We have a black and white Sweet Water pontoon and Ford F-350 Black. I wondered if that might be you when were loading up. hey you'll did super on the fish. You will have give us lessons some day. One of these days we will get together.
    Linda you are correct a nice day with my wife is great catching fish is secondary. thanks

6. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    anytime john, my wife and i are fishing partners and i wouldn,t have it any other way. Pat and i would be honored to fish tillery with you guys.