Lake Tillery 9/3/07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hit Tillery this AM at 4 in the morning. fished for cats until about 1PM. got three nice blues a 18, 21 and 23. got two pretty good channels too. an 11.5 and a 10 lb. channel cat. Tillery has got some big channels and they are super strong! If one of 'em got to 20 lb. he would be a beast. boat traffic got up and I couldn't get away from 'em so I started drop shottin' for perch for a few hours. found the perch tucked back in the creeks off the main channel in 10-20 ft. of water. not schooled up real tight, but when you found 'em you can stay on 'em and mop up. ended up with 52 perch in 2 hours. Tillery is full of them too! Nice day on the water. see ya

2. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Chris did you catch any more cats after we talked. I finally got two a 11 lb blue and a small channel, i fished deeper but to many boats/watercraft i had to get off the water.

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    yeah, I did! I got the 18 lb. blue and the 21 lb. blue. Surprisinlgy they were shallow. I ws in a creek messing around with the perch and marked some nice fish in about 15 ft. of water. went in and drifted thorugh 'em and got one. drifted through 'em again and got another one. You could almost time your watch by them hitting it. They barely grabbed it though. Not your normal blue bite. I thought the perch were pecking at my baits until the rod loaded up some. they woke up a little after the hookset though. I guess you came back down near the bridge somewhere if you were fishing deeper. I'll be gald when all these idiots get off the water. Give it a coule weeks and they'll be done. Thank goodness!