Lake Tillery 8/14

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, Aug 14, 2006.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Went last night/this morning. Started fishing around 4 a.m., missed a couple pulls. Ended up catching 8 fish in 1 hour from 7:23 to 8:23 exactly. Ten fish overall. 9 blue cats (biggest were 13.5 and 11.5), and a longnose gar. Good lord, they have some teeth!

2. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Caught all but one on slip bobbers.

3. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    damn, nice fish, where did u catch it at

4. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Lake Tillery in North Carolina.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wow, John, that's quite a haul for just an hour of time! You can only count nine of those fish though, gars don't count :wink:. Just kidding, nice fish brother, thanks for sharing. I might have to try Lake Tillery out some time, you almost have me convinced :big_smile:

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey , sounds like you had your hands full for a while, that's the way we like it. Good catch:big_smile:

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the catch john. them slip bobbers are a little tricky on the hook set. i do best to just start setting the hook a bunch of times until catch up with the fish. if i try to feel the fish before setting the hook, i will miss that fish everytime. at least its that way when i anchor up. drifting is a little different ,just got to make sure the cork is still down when you set the hook.

8. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Great catch. I sometimes have a time with this thing. sorry for double post.

9. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Great catch I bet that was a fun hour.

10. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey Michael,

I had a fair amount of hook-ups on the slip corks. The short strikes (for lack of a better term) were coming on the bottom rigs before I switched over to mostly corks. Of course, I had some misses on them ,too, but mostly the fish were taking them under and putting tension on the line so hooking up wasn't too hard. I also tried to keep the amount of slack line between me and the bobbers reeled in.

Thank you all for the congrats.

John

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Brother I need to get in some action like that:cool2: