Lake Tillery ,8-10

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Aug 10, 2006.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Fished this morning from 6:45 to 11:00, caught 9 blues, 3 whites and 1 channel. I went intending to drift fish but marked a good bunch of fish stacked in a small area and decided to achor. The biggest blue was 35 lbs. the rest were in the 5 to 10 lb. range. I caught the 35 on a live bream on a slip cork rig set 20ft in about 26 ft of water. I caught 3 on the slip cork rig, the rest on the bottom. Lost another good fish , cut my 40 lb. leader. It was a pretty good morning compared to the way it has been lately. I will try to post a picture of the 35 later. I good tell it had a gut full of clams.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anxious to see the pics brother glad you had such a great time!----------pk powell:smile2:

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well it's about time you did something at Tillery. I went to Falls this morning and caught 5 flats 5-8lbs and 5 blues from 6-20lbs. Hopefully they get bigger. It was nice and cool this morning for a change.

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah it was about time, I hope its not that long again before I catch a good one. It was nice this morning, I had the lake to myself most of the time. Then some jet skiers came out and started playing around . I guess the only part of the lake open for them was right around me...................:angry: Hey, I think school starts back soon................:big_smile:

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Here is a pic of the 35

Attached Files:

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

that thing must have been stuffed look at his gut.

7. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Good fishing report. Going be while before I have time get back up that way. $3.099 diesel is slowing me down some. Glad you had good catch. Thanks for the report.

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well jeff would have had another one if i hadnt called him this morning. i heard the phone drop and he came back on and said i dont know how i missed that one....lol. he sounded a little busy out there this morning. congrates on the catch jeff.

9. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Nice fish. thanks for the report

10. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Wow what a blue! Wish we all could get em that fat. Great job Jeff! Wonder what kinda beer that blue drinks.lol

11. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    And I thought I had a big gut. :look_down: Thats good news coming from Tillery. Thanks for posting and the photo,Jeff.