Lake Tillery, 7/11

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Jul 11, 2007.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Fished this morning until about noon, caught a variety of fish but not too many of any. Caught blue's, channels, whites, white perch, a striper, and even a gar. Most of the fish were caught on slip cork rigs. None of them were bragging size, except maybe the gar.....:smile2:

2. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats on the fish jeff. Any day on the water that you catch fish in 90 drge. weather, is a good day to me. Was that striper any size?

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah, it was hot out there, the wind picked up too around mid morning. The striper looked to be 6 or 7 lbs. , long and slim.

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    So far to date thats one fish I haven't caught on the Yadkin river chain. I hate Gar. When they do get in the boat they go crazy, not good with a mouth full of teeth. Most stripers are pretty thin this this time of year. They don't fatten up until Oct when the water cools.

5. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    hope you fellers do good tom. email me and let me know

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey, JPN , are you going after those baitfish bass tommorrow...:smile2: Good luck if you do. When are you taking me with you so I can show you how to get'em...:wink:

7. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    :cool2:rekon me adn will head to badin about 5 a.m. call me if you get the big one. still going to falls tom? i guess i'll let the boy practice on the boat some more.probably be done by 10 or 11a.m. I'll call when we're leaving.
    :big_smile: