Lake Tillery 4/27

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, Apr 28, 2006.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Went to Tillery yesterday with that, "the fish are already wet..." idea in my head. Actually, I was playing the odds, hoping that the rain would stop during my drive to the lake. No good, I got drenched. Anyway, after getting bait, and an hour wait for the lightning to depart, I headed up river. Caught two blues (3 and 6 lbs) and 5 perch. Came back down river a bit and caught 4 more blues (5 to 8 lbs). One small channel, also. Lost anchor to the wind after that. Bait was hard to come by at the little bridge, so I rode to the steel bridge and got it there.

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey John, Not a bad day , You did good just to stay out there the way the weather was. You have to go when you can when you work like we do, sometimes that means going in bad weather. Was the bait easy at the still bridge? see ya

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey John, Not a bad day , You did good just to stay out there the way the weather was. You have to go when you can when you work like we do, sometimes that means going in bad weather. Was the bait easy at the still bridge? see ya

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

didn't mean to double post

5. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    John, I was planning to take Thursday off and go stripper fishing on Lake Norman. Left the boat ramp at 6:30 am, and was back by 6:45. There were several close lighting strikes and the rain was coming down in sheets. I was
    at the office by 8am.

Glad to hear you caught some fish.

Mark

6. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Mark, I'm glad you got off the water safely. Hate you couldn't fish. I had about a two and half mile run to make when I heard the thunder, and I only have a 25 hp engine. I was doing some praying. Actually, I do have a question that I thought of while making that run. Is it better to stick close to the shoreline or just get on driving when you've got to make a run and it's thundering and lightning?

7. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That is really a good question and I have no idea what the correct answer is. We just tried to just put distance between us and where we saw the lighting. I guess there is really no way to predict where it will hit next.

8. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Yeah, I did the same thing. I just was wondering if there was a "correct" way to handle it. Thanks.

John