Lake Tillery, 3-27-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Mar 27, 2007.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Went this morning and caught a few. The bad thing is only two of them were blue cats, but one of them was pretty good he went just a little over 40 lbs. I also got one channel, a 7 lb. striper, and lost count on the white cats. There was pretty good current until about mid morning, the water temp was mid 50's up river and low 60's by mid day down river. The bait was scattered in swift island cove. I'm posting a pic of the 40, it don't do him justice laying in the boat, I need to figure out how to use the timer on my camera....:lol: He had someones hook with a piece of leader still in his mouth, the hook was rusting so it had been there a while.

Attached Files:

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Sounds like a great trip thats a nice looking cat

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Great catch, what time of day did you welcome it aboard? CMJ, looking at your photo of the kitty, it looks like it is over 36 inches long and maybe 38 inches. In the photo you have your rod laying down next to the fish and from the reel to the first eye is 24" and from the reel back to the butt of your rod is over 12". Glad to see you are using a Ugly Stick for Cats.

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I caught him at about 7:40 am , and you're right about the lenght, the fish is probably right at 38 inches.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey jeff i believe i have seen that one before beside the boat. naw i dont know but i did loose that one that was between 30-40 back in jan. you know where. would of been a gamo. hook if its the one but he was a tuff one:big_smile: . nickle or bronze. hey congrates on the big blue. im waiting on the pm.:wink:

6. DLCATER

DLCATER New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Nice cat:big_smile: Think I'll try my luck at Tillery this Friday!

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    That ol girl looks like sumo wrestler.Nice fish.

8. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey that bluecats looks fimilar. Didn't you post that same picture last year about this time. You have watch those guys with the sunglasses, they will try getting on over on you. There is something you said about the selftimer on your camera. I have one on mine but heres the problem. Once you set the timer you have to get into postion, thats not going to be easy with out moving around alot or if the bigblue starts moving around alot. You also have to count on the boat moving at times. Thats not easy getting in a prepared postion trying to hold one of those big cats without moving the boat around. If you figure a way around this let me know. I just thought about this. If you have a remote for the camera. That would be the ticket. Once you get into postion with the big fish you could just click the remote. Alright now I have to make a mount for the camera.

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    im glad you pointed that out tomahawk. i knew i had seen that fish before but just couldnt put it all together.......:lol: sorry jeff just havent been able to give you a hard time lately. glad to see the tillery king back on the thrown. keep the seat warm we coming!:wink:

10. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice fish jeff. Man does that boy have a gut or what.

11. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey, if I was going to do that, I would have already been posting some big fish pictures from last year....:lol: It took me a while to finally get one that went 40 this year. I was thinking the same thing about the timer on the camera, it would be tuff either way. When them big ones get to moving around they can be hard to handle, you would have to have a timer that gave you plenty of time, your right you would need to set up a mount for it. I believe I'll stick to laying them on the floor of the boat...:wink: or better yet we could bring Michael along to take pictures...:cool2:

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    heck i dont mind taking the pictures. i took tomahawks avatar pictures for him so i got experience. i just didnt like the way he dropped that fish back in the water before i get my picture with it too....:lol: all joking aside if im ever out there and you want a picture took, come and see me because im going to do the same thing to yal. might even follow you back to where you caught it.:lol: so its a chance you got to take.:tounge_out:

13. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats a good fish you caught there Jeff. I'm sure thats the first of many for the Tillery Titan Tamer. Did you brand that one or did it have a Circle C or a Circle T already branded on it.

14. CMJ

CMJ Guest

It had both, they had it wore down for me...:lol: