Lake Tillery 2/8/07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, Feb 8, 2007.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Jeff and I went today. Gizzards were easy to come by in the boat ramp cove. We didn't get any big ones. We caught one blue, and 5 or 6 whites (can't remember - Jeff can fill that blank). Never marked a lot of fish anywhere, but it was still a nice day on the water.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the blue john......:lol: i bet jeff was really wanting to take the rod away from you on that one.....:big_smile:

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Now you know who really caught the Blue Michael....:roll_eyes: I also caught.... I mean, we caught some of the biggest white cats I've seen in a while.......I guess that's something to talk about. They had heads as big as yours when you caught the 62.....:lol:

I guess I'm asking for it..........:lol:

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Sounds like you guys did about the same as I did on BAdin. All I got was 5 whitecats and several big channels. I think the blues have a boycotted bitting our baits. It was nice this morning no wind. It was alittle chilly though, with no sun out. Water temp up river was at 41*. Thats the coldest I've seen it in afew years.

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah, I'm ready for them to turn on, Its starting to get serious.......:lol: Them white cats don't do it for me.

6. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    No kidding - I want to get in to the 30 lb, 40 lb, and bigger club. It's time for some big blues to get hungry. You're right Tomahawk, it was nice to not have to deal with strong winds today. I went the day after the Tillery tournament, and it was horrible. I had one strong pull, no catches, and 60 lbs. of anchor were still getting pushed around.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey john if you hadnt been so scared to fish the tournament you could have caught some fish the day before and won some money.....:lol: they all had the sore mouth the next day.:roll_eyes: of coarse it wasnt because of me.:sad2: jeff i bet you would have loved to get a white cat last sat. im not going to say anything about your 4 fish because turfman has most likely forgot about it by now....:lol:

8. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    you know i havnt been on here in a day or two. And it sure was nice reading about people fishing again AND THEN I HAD TO READ ONE MORE TOPIC AND THERE IT WAS THE 4 FISH THING AGAIN THANKS ALOT MICHAEL

LOL

9. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Michael, I just didn't want to have to see you and Jeff arguing like a married couple in public. "I told you I was going to fish that spot before we left the house." "I can't believe you took all the coffee, you know I need it that early in the morning." Besides, I know you all would have come over and taken the rods out of my hands anyway.:wink:

Then I'd be looking over my shoulder all day, worried about Turfman ramming my boat.

It was just more than I could handle.