Lake Tillery 12/30

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    fished Tillery today from 0630 until 1 PM. Caught 7 fish. 4 white cats and 3 blues. Blues were 2 at 20-25 lb. and big one was 46 lb. good day, got it all on video!

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    good job chris. was they still pulling water today?

3. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That 46 really had a gut on him. I just caught channels. I don't understand why I can't get blues to bite. Time after time lately, I find a bunch of good looking fish and only get pestered by the channel cats. I was suprised at how much water they were running early.

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Nice catch Chris, Hang in there Rick, you'll get the blues!

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Yeah, they were pulling water today all day really. They pulled more early in the morning though. The 46 lb. fish went belly up after I put him back in the water. He flopped around in the boat and knocked his head pretty good. I watched him float down the lake and he finally flipped over and swam off. I saw bream baiter up there, nice meeting and talking with another BOC member. he saw the 46 lb. blue right after I landed him. I'm going to send the video to Paul and he said he will put them up for me. later.

6. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice fish chris. Going to try tillery monday for some blues.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    eric i may be there too if its not raining too hard in the morning. its going to be foggy thats for sure.

8. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Hope you guys get into them monday, i'll be fishing tillery tuesday and thursday. The weather is looking pretty good those two days, maybe some early morning fog.

9. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Can't wait to see that 46 pounder!

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well i think the wind took care of the fog this morning. i went and got rained on pretty good. no current today and the winds where to bad to anchor so elected to drift. found some bait balls and started drifting. ended up with 12 cats 5 blues and the rest channels. biggest channel was 12-14lbs and the biggest blue was 8-9lbs. not too bad for a day with heavy winds,overcast skies and a front coming through without current. sure was better than working! happy new year to all of you and good luck to you fellows this week, back to work for me for a day or two.:lol:

11. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like you had a good day especially with conditions. I wanted to go but decided after looking at radar that it would probably rain there a lot so I stayed home. Hope to go Saturday.

12. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Nice catch Michael, especially under those conditions.

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yea i know we all looking for the big boys but sometimes you just got to get what you can. i didnt figure it would be that good to be honest when i saw there was no current. the lake looked to be down a foot or two also according to the bridge at the cove. bait was scattered too but i got em.

one more thing. i would have been home alot earlier but the state record holder was fishing just below me and i didnt want him to think i was weak or anything by going in the rain......lol. just picking on you eric

14. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    you hung in there longer than i did. Still had a great time. Just wished the rain and wind wasnt so cruel.

15. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Thats some nice channels Michael.

16. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Those sound like some fun days fellas. Congrats.

17. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yea chris im surprised someone hasnt got a 20lber out of tillery for channels. lot of 10-15lbers in tillery so they got to be a 20lber in there somewhere.

18. quailman

quailman New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice fish maybe i`ll get her next time