Lake Tillery 11/4

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    fished Tillery this morning. ended up catching one blue about 10 lb. and one white cat. caught bait at Swift Island and caught a few perch schooling there in the cove also. Fish were scattered this morning and current was pretty strong up river. Beautiful day on the water

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey chris we found a few blues/channels this morning at tillery and one nice 25lb flat. i guess you could here us talking. we was letting my son do the catching of the blues/channels for a while and then he got tired and had to take a nap. i got the flat right after the sun started coming up on a bottom line. i was watching a jug coming into our lines and i seen my rod get a hit at the same time. so i set the hook thinking maybe i had hooked the dang jug but when i got my fish to the boat the jug kept going. i almost doubled up on that one.:big_smile: had to put my net man in high gear once i figured out what was going on.....lol.anyway we made a safe landing and took a few picture and released the fish. the we decided to do a little drifting and was able to find 5 blues in the 10-12lb and 6 channels up to 10lbs. man was it cold. that new heater is going back the wind kept blowing out. heres a few pictures

Attached Files:

• wn1.jpg
      wn1.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
    • wn2.JPG
      wn2.JPG
      File size:
      51.4 KB
      Views:
    • wn3.JPG
      wn3.JPG
      File size:
      47.9 KB
      Views:

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    one more....even a blind hog can find a acorn ever now and then. pops on the job!

Attached Files:

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Nice catch Michael, you got more meat than I did on the deer stand....:lol:

5. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats to both of you on your catches, I myself can't buy a bite. I'm going to try again on Badin wednesday, anybody got any advice?!?! I have no problem with catching bait, just fish, cats and stripers.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    ... follwign the advice of Tomahawk, which is always a good idea. :big_smile: I would look from the dam to the golf course and over to the island just before the gap. you should find some blues in that area. I would use cut shad. Stay in the main channel. They should be somewhere in there. I would start at the railroad bridge, then go up river, if I didn't mark much up river I would run down tot he southern island and drift around in there. That area has given up a bunch of blues in the past. let us know how you do! later

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thats good advice but forget all that and go to TILLERY.:big_smile:

8. CMJ

CMJ Guest

There's nothing but small ones in Tillery.....:lol:

9. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I think I posted this for another thread. So if anyone is looing for blues on Badin, read the previous post. I'm such a dumb%$& sometimes. kinda funny though. later