Lake Tillery 11/11/06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Well I made it to Tillery this morning. Shad were hard to came by this morning and I only got about 18 or so. I found a nice school of white perch nesstled on a little hump out in the middle of the creek and we caugth about a dozen or so of them for a little additional meat for the kitties. I anchored out in the main channel in 47 ft. of water and endd up catching 2 flatheads, both were around 17 lb. I wieghed the first one. He was 17 and the second one looked like his twin brother. I caught them one right after the other on cut perch heads on a weightless rig. This rig is working good for me. I missed one good pull on cut shad. I felt him for just a second and he turned the bait loose. I started marking some BIG fish under the boat suspended around 30 ft. I dropped cut bait to 'em, live shad and they wouldn't hit it. I finally got the old jigging spoon out and dropped it down about 32 ft. and within 5 min. was tussling with a good Tillery striper. He weighed right at 7 lb. I saw some more stripers schooling right at the bridge but couldn't get there in time to get in on the action. Wind picked up and I did a bit of driftin' . All I could get there were a few channels and white. Good day on the water. Cold weather will be here soon. I'll try to post pics later if I can figure out how to do it. see ya.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    here's a few pics., and oh yeah, both flatties were released. The striper, well . . . I'm going to release him to Lake Crisco later this evening if you know what I mean:cool2:

Attached Files:

3. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
  4. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    a couple nice fish way to go

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    :crazy: It's kind of hard to see in the pics, but yes I have a black eye on my right eye. I had a crescent wrench slip off a drain plug at work and get me in the eye. After waking up from that, a couple stitches, some good pain meds and I was good to go. Still a little sore though.

6. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    been there done that a few times

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    nice fish brother!

8. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Man im glad somebody caught some cats i was there from 6 am to 6 pm and all i caught was some perch that i used for cut bait some crappie and small bluegill that i tried to fish as live bait they were pretty small i could'nt catch any shad with my thrownet i tried to drift all day. (I suck) I didnt see many if any fish on the bottom .Probably should of tried the slip bobber drift. I could use some pointers or some of your secrets:smile2:

9. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
  10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats and thaNKS FOR THE PICS