Lake Tillery 10/22/07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JDWILLIS39, Oct 22, 2007.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice day on water. No fish but did get to check out new boat and GPS/Sonar. Gave wife some driving lessons. I gave out before could throw net enough times to catch bait. There was plenty of bait in cove at little bridge 24/73. Forget to take any frozen bait. Water temp was 74/75. Really Pleasant day. Tillery is close to full pool (for how long???)

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the new boat john. tillery is a nice little lake too. its been close to full pond all summer. hope it stays that way too.:wink:

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    john there is plenty of white perch in tillery if you are having trouble with the cast net. i been catching all i want on the channel ledges...right on the drops 5-20ft depending on the day. they are a good bait for blues and flats and are pretty fun to catch on lite tackle. just thought i mention that to you but i know how a new boat is too. you got to ride!:smile2:

4. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    sorry wife and i dident get to meet up with you monday, i diden't think you would come over with the weather change. maybe we can plan on a tilley trip in the near future. we did pretty good monday 3 flats 14 ,17 & 23 lbs and a 20.8 blue, all caught from 5:am to 9:30 am went back at 6:30 and fished till 8:30 and got a 19.4 and three small channels.