Lake Tillery 10/21/06 report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Oct 22, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dad and i hit tillery this evening. got there right before dark and caught plenty of gizzard shad in the swift island cove. tried for a musk rat but missed.....lol. heard they was good bait but i dont know. we fished until 2.00am. i caught 2 blues myself a 20lber and 12 lber. dad hooked up with a nice fish but lost him half way in. then he missed another on the hook set that slimed the line up pretty good. i feel sure both fish he missed was blues. found a spot that had some hogs in it but just couldnt get them to hit. no current and the water was 68 tonight. on the way back in there was a lot of bait in the landing cove so it looks like bait will be getting easier to get. i was getting 2-3 shad every other cast with a 6ft net this evening. had some good laughs at dad for dropping his flashlight in the lake. thats number two for the year. he said he was thinking about hiring a butler to go fishing with him to take care of some of the smaller task that he has going on when fishing. that will be one wet butler for sure. hey maybe the butler can catch a fish.....lol.

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey Michael, I heard them muskrats were pretty good eating. You need to try it and let me know...:lol: Tell your dad I will work for him for a small fee.......:big_smile:

3. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ya'll are always losing something.Make sure you've got a life jacket on:0a20: . I'll be heading down that way before long. Ya'll need to stop feeding them fish so I can catch some :0a23: . I'll be needing some of that bait to. If you could, make me a map so I want have to hunt them fish and burn up my gas.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    jeff if you got a flashlight he might hire you.....lol. muskrat isnt bad if you havent eat in 4-5 days.

seaark you need a road atlas to get where we was fishing last night. just put in at swift island and go south until you come through a long canal and the water opens up into a big soup bowl. you will see three smoke stacks on the other side. anywhere right out there is real good. its about 200miles south.