Lake Tillery 1 -6-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Jan 6, 2007.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

John and I fished Tillery today, we caught 12 blues , 4 whites , and one channel. The seven biggest blues were 14, 15, 16, 17, 17, 20, and 26 lbs. , the rest were 4 to 8. The channel went about 5. We didn't get the big boy but had a lot of fun.....:big_smile: We fished in three different spots 31 to 41 ft. The water temp was still around 50 and its a little stained.We had current most of the time. We got our bait in the boat ramp cove but had to work for it.

2. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    what bait you use? sounds like a great day.

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

We were using cut shad and white perch. Here is a pic of the 26 , not that its all that big, I just thought y'all might want to know who caught it. Sorry John, had to do that...........:lol:

Attached Files:

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the 26lber john.:lol: you guys had a good day.

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah John you did a great job with that net.......:lol: Almost as good as Michael did at santee........:lol:

6. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I'm jealous. Guess I best break out the deer hunting gear to keep warm and give it a whirl.

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I fished Tillery today as well and only ended up with 3 whites and 1 good channel about 10 lb. My mistake was going to far up river where I caught 'em last week. can't get 'em every time. see ya

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    aw so you guys use a gill net too.:eek:oooh: it does take a little practice:lol: just kidding you guys.

9. CMJ

CMJ Guest

No comment on that.........:lol:

10. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    You guys did good today, wish we had the water moving yesterday. the bait fish was everywhere at ramp yesterday all day.

11. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Man, I'm getting trash talked, and haven't even said anything. That's alright, next time we go the guy on the bank won't be the only one with a gun. I'll make sure Jeff stays on his end of the boat instead of running over, knocking me down, and taking rods from me. :wink:

It was a fun day. Thanks Jeff.

12. CMJ

CMJ Guest

O.k. John , I get the message, I'll let you get the big one next time.....:roll_eyes: as long as its not too big.....:big_smile: All joking aside it was a nice day on the water and good company.

13. Riverfish3r

Riverfish3r New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like a great day on the lake! I have fished Tillery with my best fishing buddy and posted my PB of 42lbs on Thanksgiving morning. In about 4 hours we caught 111 lbs of catfish, most being in the 7-12lb range off of cutbait. You wouldn't happen to work at Technimark would you Jeff?

14. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah, I sure do, I mean I really work, I don't have a pie job like K.C........:big_smile: He told me about that day , congrats on the 42 pounder. There's plenty in there if you can find them.

15. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...We didn't get the big boy but had a lot of fun..."

If you are not considering a 26 pounder a big boy then you are SPOILED!! :big_smile:

Thats a good stringer of fish anywhere in the country man!! Nice day on the lake!

16. Riverfish3r

Riverfish3r New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Luckily that day Kevin made some good throws and we had bait in the bucket within 30 minutes. I can't wait til I get a boat like Kevin's and I will be puttin' a hurtin' on the big boys all across the state. I always thought Tuckertown dam was one of the best spots in NC, but Tillery is my favorite now.

17. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey , You need to get that boat, this is the time of year to get the big ones.....:big_smile: Just go borrow K.C. 's for a few years.......:wink: About all he uses it for is to catch them baitfish bass...........:lol:

Just joking K.C.

18. Riverfish3r

Riverfish3r New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I will say I am surprised how he has stepped up his commitment to bass fishing in lieu of all those catfish in Tillery. How is Benjie doing, haven't seen him since hs?

19. kcforejc

kcforejc New Member

State:
    NC
    You fellas know how to give a guy a hard time. If you can catch a bass and a catfish, why not? It's good to have options. Can't beat reeling in a big cat though.

20. Riverfish3r

Riverfish3r New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    There he is, the prodigical fisherman.