Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Lake Tillery 1 -6-07

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Riverfish3r 
G
#1 ·
John and I fished Tillery today, we caught 12 blues , 4 whites , and one channel. The seven biggest blues were 14, 15, 16, 17, 17, 20, and 26 lbs. , the rest were 4 to 8. The channel went about 5. We didn't get the big boy but had a lot of fun.....:big_smile: We fished in three different spots 31 to 41 ft. The water temp was still around 50 and its a little stained.We had current most of the time. We got our bait in the boat ramp cove but had to work for it.

#7 ·
I fished Tillery today as well and only ended up with 3 whites and 1 good channel about 10 lb. My mistake was going to far up river where I caught 'em last week. can't get 'em every time. see ya

#11 ·
Man, I'm getting trash talked, and haven't even said anything. That's alright, next time we go the guy on the bank won't be the only one with a gun. I'll make sure Jeff stays on his end of the boat instead of running over, knocking me down, and taking rods from me. :wink:

It was a fun day. Thanks Jeff.

G
#12 ·
O.k. John , I get the message, I'll let you get the big one next time.....:roll_eyes: as long as its not too big.....:big_smile: All joking aside it was a nice day on the water and good company.

#13 ·
Sounds like a great day on the lake! I have fished Tillery with my best fishing buddy and posted my PB of 42lbs on Thanksgiving morning. In about 4 hours we caught 111 lbs of catfish, most being in the 7-12lb range off of cutbait. You wouldn't happen to work at Technimark would you Jeff?

G
#14 ·
Yeah, I sure do, I mean I really work, I don't have a pie job like K.C........:big_smile: He told me about that day , congrats on the 42 pounder. There's plenty in there if you can find them.

#16 ·
Luckily that day Kevin made some good throws and we had bait in the bucket within 30 minutes. I can't wait til I get a boat like Kevin's and I will be puttin' a hurtin' on the big boys all across the state. I always thought Tuckertown dam was one of the best spots in NC, but Tillery is my favorite now.

G
#17 ·
Hey , You need to get that boat, this is the time of year to get the big ones.....:big_smile: Just go borrow K.C. 's for a few years.......:wink: About all he uses it for is to catch them baitfish bass...........:lol:

Just joking K.C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.