Lake Tillery 1-20-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, Jan 20, 2007.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Bait was easy in the boat ramp cove. Only caught 1 cat - a 20 lb. blue. Wind was getting a bit strong, and annoying.

See ya

2. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Well, your one blue almost weighed as much as our four, John....:lol: They went from two to ten lbs. That wind was starting to be a problem. The water is still stained and the water temp is in the upper 40's.

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Me and Jerry went out today, mostly to show him some thigns about Tillery. We only got 2 cats. One white and one small blue. John, was that you fishing up river in a white colored Lowe boat I think. We anchored just up from you early in the morning. I marked a bunch of fish up there, but they wouldn't hit. Would have stuck it out and waited 'em out, but I tried to find some good feeding fish and never got ahold of any. Wind was a pain today bigtime. see ya

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    got six .....:lol: boy it was tuff! i did feel one that i would like to see on the 3rd though. she wouldnt let me see her today. stout! hooked her right in jeffs hole too.:tounge_out:

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Must have been the same one I hooked and lost. It should have a belly full.......:lol: I'll get her later.....:wink:

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i dont think so:tounge_out: kind of hurt my feelings a little there jeff. she was late to lunch too. she will make you proud, i do believe. really it was a big one but i didnt get to see her. it kind of reminded me of fellow i seen foul hook one.

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah, but that takes skill, the way I hooked that one.....:wink:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yea i believe i baited that rod........:big_smile:

9. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yea, you was a good guide that trip........:lol:

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i believe you was a broke client though because i didnt get no tip....:lol:

11. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Thanks Chris. I had a good time. it was very informative. I havent tried to throw my net like we did yours but I think I got a little better today. We could have done better but I handicaped you. Next time I'll know whats going on.

12. whiteelephant

whiteelephant New Member

State:
    florida
    Where can I rent that fish you guys are holding in your avitar so I can have my picture made with it?:big_smile:

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    talk to jeff i gave her to him after i caught her.:tounge_out:

14. CMJ

CMJ Guest

you mean, you gave her back to me after you borrowed her........:roll_eyes:

15. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Catfishrus and CMJ are scheduled February 3rd at 7:00pm to tell everyone where the fish are biting on Tillery this winter. :lol:

16. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    There has been a conflict in scheduling. cmj and catfishrus are going to have to tell everyone on Feb 2nd

17. CMJ

CMJ Guest

From the 24/27 bridge you go to,.......well I'm having a memory problem here, I'll get back with you.......:big_smile:

18. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    we might be able to do the pm thing. i thought you was wanting the am thing but pm will work.:big_smile: so we will have tell all session at 7.00pm on the 3rd. have to wait and see whos going to do the speaking though. tomahawks threating to make the show. maybe hes got a big one staked out. thats okay i know where some of them stakes are....:lol: i might go ahead tell where jeffs holes are though on the 2nd......:lol: cannot hardly wait and it will be fun. i sure hope its better than last years. tillery can be tricky.

i think it was a left jeff......no no .....right....maybe it was a left. which hole yal talking about?

19. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Glad you had a good time Jerry. You can't get 'em every time, and Sat. was one of those times. I'l be glad to tell you where the blues are at on Tillery, so ya'll listen up. Most of the ones I've caugth have been somewhere in between the surface of the water and the bottom. This is a good place to start! I will tell ya' that they are in there and there's plenty of 'em if you can get 'em to bite!

20. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    You might as well pull all of your teeth if you are trying to get anything out of catfishrus. If you can find some tall smoke stacks on Badin or Tillery, you might be able to catch some fish, or at least that was what was told to me by catfishrus:lol: Hes got all those fish trained anyway. He just taps on top of the water and they come a runnin and just jump into his net. I even think hes got them branded with a cicle M and a collar on a few of them:0a1: