Lake Tillery 1/2/07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, Jan 2, 2007.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Went to Tillery today. They were really moving the water today, all day. That was the strongest current I've seen out there, it was like fishing in a river. Anyway, caught 5 cats - the biggest was a 10.5 lb blue. The rest were 1-3 lb. range. I did like that I managed to catch all 4 of the bigger cat species - flathead, white, channel, and blue.

See ya

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Man, I ain't never caught a flathead in January. You should be proud of just that.

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Me and a friend went today too. We got a late start, didn't wet the lines until about 1:00 pm. I think I've seen the current that strong just one other time a couple of years ago. We only got 1 channel and 1 white, but we lost a good one. My friend set the hook on one and the drag started singing. After a short fight the fish wrapped around something and that was that.......:sad2: Thanks again for the bait John.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    no i bet jeff ran back there with his pocket knife and cut the line.:lol: thanks for the reports.

5. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I swear Michael, you must have a camera hidden on Jeff's boat somewhere.