Lake Tillery 1/10/07 what a day. 62lber

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Jan 10, 2007.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i went to tillery today and started out with plenty of bait in the cove. i then went to some old holes i knew about to fish. i got 11 blues,1 flathead an 1 channel. i kept moving around and searching but i caught fish at everyspot today. at 11.00 i came back came back to where i had started the morning and figured i would try it again. i hit the jackpot with a 62lber. my best every at tillery. only saw one boat all day and he was coming towards me when i saw him and he saw i had a nice fish on, so when i landed the fish i invited him over in my boat for a few pictures. he took a few pictures for me and said hey you got one on back here and i told him to go ahead and get em! so i returned the favor i asked of him by letting him catch fish out of my boat. now wasnt that nice of me? i even got his picture but i forgot him name.....lol. even told him about the boc and he has a friend thats a member but i forgot his name too....lol. i was excited a little bit i guess. i caught a 32lb and 23lb out of the 11 blues also. top five fish should have been close to 140lbs. pretty good day. water temp was 50 and muddy. bait was cut shad. location i forgot that too. sorry! aw and dieter i hate to tell you but you are knocked out of the hall of fame.:big_smile: sorry. heres a picture of my fish and my new friend. what a day!

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Way to go buddy! That's one beautiful fish!

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks zakk i also forgot to say i released her right back into the water.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I hear ya man thats a hell of a day.Nice fish.

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Great job! Nice ol' blue.

6. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Great looking fish mike.

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

What a fish Michael, You sure know how to stick the knife in and twist it, here I am setting at home sick and you go and catch that one........:lol: I think that catch would do good (Feb. 3rd)..............:wink: Congrats on a great day and especially the 62.

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Michael Congratulations on the BIG Blue and what a day it must of Been.J.D.

9. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I here ya micheal, That was a killer day!!! Very nice fish. Did you mark a lot of fish? I was going to falls in the morning, but i might go to tillery instead :roll_eyes: Great catch man, thanks for the report.

10. stoney

stoney New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    nice fish,cant wait to get out their....

11. catfish101

catfish101 New Member

State:
    nc
    men in other boat Gary the one you let catch fish and Wild Bill

12. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Nice fish, man that water sure is looking muddy! Maybe that seasonal weather has got them biting right again.

13. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    What a great catch and great day Michael!

Congratulations to you.

I am very happy but also envious. Maybe, just maybe one of these days I will catch a one half that big! LOL

14. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    now i remember richard....lol. tell them guys i said thank you. it sure makes a better picture when someone is holding the fish but sometimes you do what you got to do. i got a good laugh out him catching that fish.

15. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    do u guys like tillery or santee better? i know santee is SC and NC is tillery.. but i would like to go there on vacation some day and would like ur opinion on what one is better, and if so... what parts?

16. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Well, Tillery is a small lake compared to the santee lakes. There are no fish camps, motels, or anything like that there that I know of. Santee has several fish camps and places to stay. As far as the fishing, Tillery is my favorite because it is close to home and I know the lake.......:big_smile: but santee is a great place to go, you might want to use a guide the first time out to learn a little about it, or just read the post on this site in the S.C. category.

17. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Sweet catch. Congrats on that toad. I may missed it if you said ... how deep were you fishing?

18. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    now you going to start a argument with me a jeff:tounge_out: . i love santee but its takes a long time to learn all that turf. its a dangerous lake too. if your just wanting to fish for a weekend either one is good but santee first time trip you need a guide and they have plenty. tillery is okay for a do it yourself kind of thing. depending on when your going too. i tillery in the winter and santee in the summer. seems they spawn earlier at santee so when they spawn at tillery i head to santee.

19. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    nice info mike.. ill post b4/if i ever go down.. and maybe hook up for the weekend with someone who fishes there often and knows the areas.. and has a boat / dept finder and everything

20. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hard to beat a day like that! You just need to do that again on Feb. 3.