Lake Thunderbird - any info you could provide on this lake would be great.

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jetdocx, Oct 4, 2007.

1. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    I will be fishing the oklahoma Acats on thunderbird any info on the lake would be great. Never been to this lake before.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey Gene, when you find out let me know will ya? I'm not fishing the tourney but am going to OKC for 6 weeks and am really trying hard to find out info on any lakes within reasonable driving distance!

3. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    Seems like nobody fishes Thunderbird. Gee I did'nt think it would be this hard to get a little info about a lake.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Gene, there are a few on here that do fish ole T-Bird, but they aren't on as much as they used to be.

I believe the little axe area is supposed to be good, as well as the bridges area.

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Little Axe area and the bridge area are good.

catman george

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The reason they fish Thunderbird, is if they catch even one catfish, they are generally the winner. I have been fishing Arcadia lake, about 40 to 45 miles north of T-bird. Been catching them in 27 to 35 foot of water there. Today's hot bait was shad heads, then shad tails, then minnows threaded like a worm. The baits were presented about 1 1/2 to 2 foot off the bottom. We were drifting. Southerly winds at about 10 - 15.

7. catfisherokie

catfisherokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I reckon you must not be holding your mouth right when your fishing Thunderbird if your not catching anything. Always had good luck there. We fished a tournament on Arcadia last year and several of the teams got skunked. I think two fish won that tournament.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Talk about not holding the mouth right... FuzzFace and I caught 15 good size eaters...up to about 3 pounds, with most running in the 2 to 2 1/2 range. We spent about 4 hours on the lake today. We at times get skunked there too, but fishing is so much darn fun. LOL Fishing is what is important, the catching comes in second.

9. catfisherokie

catfisherokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    lol....you got that right. Man, we had miserable weather that day....drizzle to sleet to snow with a cutting wind chill. I have been wanting to get back and fish Arcadia in some good weather....best blue lake around Okc from what i hear. Im like you, just getting out and enjoying the day is what its all about....catching fish is a bonus!