Lake Thicketty

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by trackerpro17, May 7, 2009.

1. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    Fished thicketty this morning caught 3 and missed another one.
    5.2lb 6.3lb and a 8.3 there not big but at-least i am starting to catch some. I used strawberry chow and cinnamon.

God Bless

Attached Files:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Tracy way to go. That lake is full of carp. The upper end has lots of big carp usually. My buddy lives on James Rd and we fish over there some but he doesn't like the carp much. My wife and I rode by there yesterday evening and noticed the water was pretty colored from the recent rains.

3. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc

Thanks RiverratSC I would like to fish the upper end but I dont think you can get out of your boat. People dont want you on their land and I can understand that some people make a mess. But it is hard for me to carp fish from the boat because I cant keep my lines tight. seems the boat is always moving around. Plus I am keeping the carp to put in my pond and my live well wont hold but about 2 carp. So I have to fish at the public landing. I have a pretty big home made live well in the back of my truck.
    If you would like to help me catch some just let me know I will be there Monday.

4. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice catches!

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice Carp.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    My cousin is married into the family that owne the upper end of the lake and you're right they're no big of people fishing from the bank. I can't make it this Monday but some Monday I might make it.

Its fairly shallow around the area of the boat ramp and straight across from it is a shallow flat that holds carp pretty good usually.

7. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc

Just shoot me a PM when you get ready.