Lake Texoma

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Wally_jr, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Hey guys,
    anybody know any good guides that will put me and my pop on some fish texoma big hawgs?reasonable prices a plus.

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    :big_smile:NO!!!!!!!!!! But when you find one,pot his name. I've been wanting to take my DAD out on Texoma for some stripers before he gets any older.:big_smile:

3. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    did a google search for texoma and it seems all there is is striper guides...blah blah, i need to learn the ropes of driftin and places to look for. hate to recommend someone i have not fished with. I would hate to see someone get run over.some outfit was gonna charge 125.00 per person to run their jugs, WHAT? i got juggin down. been doin it since i weighed in the double digits(a really really long time ago) its that rod and reel thing, if i ever catch anything i am getting lucky thats it. ah, what are ya gonna do, me and my pop juggin, so far it seems to be the cure for my ADD....oh wait what is that flash out side?

4. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Guys, Luke Clayton here. I would like to invite you to read my column this week about fishing at Texoma. Contact are with the article. It's there on the opening page of Catfish1.com....

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Guys, Luke Clayton here. I would like to invite you to read my column this week about fishing at Texoma. Contact are with the article. It's there on the opening page of Catfish1.com.... Also, go to www.catfishradio.com and listen to some texoma talk with bill carey.

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  7. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas

Motard if you want stripers you need to look up JD Lyle he is one of the best ! Book early because he is usually booked up for a while.

8. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks for the info i might have to look them up!!!

9. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    if you are taking your own boat and will watch and learn, in a day or two you can catch all the stripers you want by yourself. i have nothing against guides, but i like to learn and do everything myself. if you only g io for 1 or 2 days a guide will probably be the best route. we went for 10 days this june, i had never been on texoma before, and by the end of the second day we were catching a lot of stipers every day. we also got into some nice bluecats. i found a good place to catch smallmouths, but never beat the other guys to that point in the mornings. the main thing on texoma is get up early and catch your shad....

10. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    the place we stay has a nice boat dock with crappie house the shad are always there. just be nice to go out once with my dad and let a guide show us their drifting techniques and how to angle the boat i have read many articles in the archives but i am a kinetic learner if i dont do it i dont learn it. thanks for the input. plus same boat dock at 2200-0100 the stripers run up there to feed on shad, and they love my rattle traps. nothing real big but consistantly in the 5-10lb range and on a ultra light. man is that fun. but i have 30lb spiderbraid so its still fun as long as i try to forget my line wont break...but my rod will:embarassed:

11. koondawg

koondawg New Member

State:
    texas
    Derlict McGee is a execellent guide for blue cats in the winter and strippers, however as of this date the fishing is rather tough, mostly little strippers. I have fished with Derlick many times and always catch fish.214-537-0425. I have several fish posted that I caught with Derlick