Lake Texoma

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by The_Mad_Catter, May 2, 2007.

1. The_Mad_Catter

The_Mad_Catter New Member

State:
    Erie, Colorado
    Hey everyone I was looking for maybe an idea or 2 of where to fish in Lake texoma for Blues and Flats. My dad Is going into surgery next month and during his recovery he will not be at work so I was planning on taking him out there with me as a surprise. I have never been there and always wanted to go. I understand no one can give up their honey holes but any tips/locations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a milion in advance Justin
    P.S. I have the gear to handle fish of epic porportions so the bigger the better:big_smile:

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I hope ur dad pull thought surgery.

3. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    this is the fish report for all fish for texoma. you can even sign up to have it emailed to you. it is from the odwc. if they tell a place and you don't know ask on the board. i know some of them. washita arm is north of the Roosevelt bridge state hwy 70. pm me for my email

4. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    wasnt a record pulled from there? like 109lbs?? good luck to your dad, i hope it goes well

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I sent you a private message Justin. Hopefully it'll help you out a little bit. I forgot to tell you that if you decide to fish the Hagerman Refuge in TX, you're gonna need some rods to sling it a long way. 12+ ft. rods would be best, probably.

If you don't already know how, learn to use a cast net before going to Texoma. Fresh shad is gonna improve your odds greatly.

6. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Splash was pulled out of there in '04 or '05. 121.5 pounds. World record at the time, and was beaten by the 124 from Mississippi River about a year later.

I dont know of any good places, ive only been to Texoma a few times, and never got anyhting to brag about. But some advise that portains to all bodies of water this time of the year. Fish shallow, its spring time.