Lake Texoma

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Texoma Cat, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Texoma Cat

Texoma Cat New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just moved here 6 days ago, But so far have been doing very well using shad and blue gills both cut and live. hope to keep this report going for a while. water is still stained and murky on the north its clearer down on the south side

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Gary, take those shad and get below the dam if they're releasing water or generating. There are good fish to be caught down there, I promise.

I went to college in Durant, and I fished Texoma every chance I got. If you wanna have fun catching stripers one day, go down below the dam with spinning tackle and some chug-bug lures. Those silly stripers will nail them, you'll think there are landmines going off down there when they hit.

Oh yeah, there used to be a great hole (I knew about it, never saw anyone else fish it) on the texas side of the 75 bridge. Park there by the bridge on the texas side, and walk to the east downstream about 150 yards. There was a cutout in the bank, and I pulled several nice blues out of that hole on shad. If nothing else, you'll get to see some new water!:cool2:

Oh yeah, welcome to the BOC!!!

3. Texoma Cat

Texoma Cat New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the Reply jlingle, I see you are in Altus Oklahoma, I was born there many snows ago!:lol: I was raised around Headrick on the red river and around Cordell on a cattle ranch. I will give those stripers below the dam a Shot and tell them you sent me!:wink: I even like to go down below the damn and use my fly rod, using chartruse bend backs and wooly buggers them stripers can't resist them either, neither can the drum!
    I will even admit an embarrassing moment below the dam while using a fly rod and a bend back fly, I caught a 4lb 7 oz shad!:embarassed: Talk about your mega bait! I Practiced catch and release with him though so he might still be in there someplace.He put up a pretty good fight for a bait fish too!:lol:
    As You can tell i fish many different ways: Fly Rod{with flys i tye myself}, bait casting, spin casting,and the catfish pole!:lol:
    Good to hear from You!
    Keep your line baited and Tight Lines

4. Texoma Cat

Texoma Cat New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Channel and blue cats a hittting good on cut bait and live blue gill also live shad. Stink baits are slow,but good.
    Stripers are hitting well on sassy shad (5 inch white and silver patterns):big_smile_2: More information later