Lake Texoma

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Drawout, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Are their any good spots to fish this lake from the Texas side ?

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Johnny, there are alot of good spots on the Texas side of Texoma to go fishing, I always go to the State Park up there and you can always fish the river on the Texas side as well.
    My wife caught a 5 pound striper up there on one of the other brothers rods and that is where we had our Texas gathering a few months ago.

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thx for replying Al ,Do you have any more info,are their spots to put a tent,rates,Any chance i may hook a flathead ?

4. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Johny you could look up some info on splash the big blue cought there Cody Mulenex he bank fishes there as I recal he talked about the spot he used .

5. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Only thing i found is tyhem talking bout how big splash was.

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Johnny you can put in at any of the ramps on the texas side and go back towards the dam and I use to catch some big cats close to the dam. I use to put in at grand pappy point and go to the left and fish those coves and catch flats. Now we are talking about back in the seventies though.

7. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I didnt plan on taking the boat but that does sound like a good idea.

8. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Come on guys i know there are more people that have some honey holes on Texoma lol.

9. txkatfish

txkatfish New Member

State:
    Holliday, Texas
    Just wanted to let you know that Cody M. caught his world record in the lower part of the big mineral arm of the lake. It was in the hagerman wildlife refuge. There is a book called "Texas Lakes and Bays Atlas" that you can get at any bookstore that has some really good maps of some of the bigger lakes in Texas.