Lake Texoma jug fishing

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by james, Jan 17, 2007.

1. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Well theres sleet on the ground and its dang cold outside, perfect time to head up to Lake Texoma for some jug fishing for some big blues. Anyone had and luck lately up there with blues? Me and the old man are heading up there in the morning. Hope to have them all set out by noon, as long as we can get some shad. We will be around the Big Mineral arm of the lake just outside of Hagarmans. Everyone thinks were crazy heading up there in the this type of weather but its when we have the best luck and plus theres no idiots on the lake running our jugs.

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    do you really have trouble with people messing with your lines before summer. in the summer the kids on jet skis mess with lines almost everywhere. this time of year its usually only fishermen out. i hope we are not getting a bunch of nuts out fishing.

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    in the summer if you arent watching your jugs you wont catch any fish cuz others will be pulling them in been that way for years on texoma same with trotlines

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    ended up not catching hardly any shad for bait so didnt do to well only caught 6 fish the hole time 29lbs 18lbs 11lbs blues 5-4 pounders

Attached Files:

5. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    Real nice fish.

6. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Nice fish James!!! Me and Buba cought a few just before Christmas near the Sheppard Annex. 6-8 lbs.

7. joecatfish

joecatfish New Member

State:
    TX
    Are they not afraid of getting shot, or beaten and bloodied, for stealing fish from a man's jugline? I would not think it worth the risk to a man who can afford to have a boat.

Nice fish!

8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa

we have watched people run our jugs while we where checking our others

9. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    nice fish james i'll be heading that way in the next couple of weeks going to start fishing every weekend so i can try and locate some fish. anyone have a new report or any hot spots i only cpr so i wont urt your hole i just like to catch em:smile2:

10. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    nice fish man wish i could jug in PA haha.

11. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Check out Paw Paw Creek area and the first island north of Pardise Cove and Big Mineral Camp lots of bait stacked up in those areas

12. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well anyone fish texoma this weekend? Thanks James i'll write those down. weather permiting i'm heading down there this coming weekend to fish on sat. hope to locate some hogs holler at me if anyone has some sure fire hot spots or maybe we can meet up and fish out of my boat.