Lake Texoma fishing

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 7mmmag1, Aug 20, 2009.

1. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ive tried setting some jugs around the islands and near Camp Texoma and all I've caught is some small channels.

Anybody have some experience with this lake? Family bought a cabin down there and I've been trying to figure it out but havent had much luck

2. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I used to fish down there quite a bit kinda close to where the Washita ran into the lake to Roosevelt bridge. If you can get on top of the channel that goes through there it is a good place to set jugs. I hadn't fished it in a few years though, but I know there are some good fish in there. Good luck.

3. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    try fishing some stump fields in around 10' of water ,you should find some blues, get er done !

4. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Go above the Roosevelt bridge around Briar creek,I think its called on your map. Just before you get to the mouth of the creek the lake will narrow. The narrow area to the mouth of Briar Creek is normally good this time of year on shad.

5. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  6. ltxc9y

ltxc9y New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Anybody have any tips for Arbuckle Lake? I fish it some and know of some baited holes but havent really got a handle on what to us for bait.