Lake Texoma bank fishing

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishcrazyjr, Jan 12, 2007.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    we are going down to hit texoma mid next week can any1 give me some info on where there is some good bank fishing? lookin to get into some of those big blues!

2. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Jeremy, what part are you going to?
    Will

3. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    where ever i need to , so i can get some blues, never fished it to much last time i was 15

4. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    If the wind is out of the south, try Alberta Creek. It's 1 of the few deep areas thats' reachable from shore. It's around 25' and there's some shallow flats nearby.
    If the wind is out of the north, I have no idea where to try at.
    Will

Attached Files:

5. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    good luck on texoma! let us no how it goes

6. msbren06

msbren06 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Texoma is a beautiful lake. I grew up in the Dallas area but we never got to Texoma very often. The parts I saw didn't give much opportunity for bank fishing. Good Luck!

7. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Jermey, our boys have a 30 ft. cruser docked at catfish bay, and they go stright south, and then to the north to an island about 30 min. out. Jan and I have never fished it but they are there quite often. We havent been out with them because they just inherited the boat last Nov. Our time is comming in a couple months.
    Good luck and have fun.

8. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Have you made the trip yet? Let us know how it went.

Paul

9. catfishcrazyjr

State:
    oklahoma
    no not yet, going Friday mor. any help on where to give it a try will help. and why i am down that way i am going to hit that cabelas outside fort worth any1 been to that 1?

10. bigcatch87

bigcatch87 New Member

State:
    louisianna
    No but i like bass pro better

11. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Jeremy,

Check out sixoldgeezers.com. Their site has fishing reports that are updated by guides daily. You should get some good reports from that.

You will want to get some shad. If you can throw a cast net, you can get them by the boat docks. Shad is a great bait on Texoma