Lake Texana : Fishing Tips and Catfishing in Lake Texana

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by edward361, Dec 14, 2005.

1. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    Does any body know anything aboat catfishing in Lake Texana

2. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    edward, welcome to the great boc! Where is lake texana?

3. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    I looked that one up, it's between Houston and Corpus Christie, Jackson county I think it said.

4. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    It is south of Edna tx. The Lavaca river and the navidad river run in to it.You have a bridge on Hwy. 59 south from houston. And it's 25 miles east of Victoria Tx.

5. Thomas P. Conley

Thomas P. Conley New Member

State:
    Copperas Cove,TX.
    Welcome to this site where you can gain much information on catfishing. By the way how large of a lake are we talking here? Is this lake known for catfish?

6. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I have two friends that have fished This lake. One has a Bro-in-law that is a serious catfisherman, and lives nearby. They allways catch a lot of fish. There are parts of this lake that are apparrently hard to get to. It seems that there are also parts of this lake that access is disputed? The other friend has had good results in the fall using fresh perch cutbait. The next spring he went back and couldn't catch anything. This was two of the best catfishermen that I know but they were not familar with the lake. This would indicate that some local guidance is best or be ready to climb the learning curve. In the areas in south Texas that have lots of good fishing people seem to be willing to share the information more so than most areas that I am familiar with. Talk to someone that fishes the area.

7. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    Bigun:I went fishing there today had soom pretty good luck caught two 5 pounders 1 ten and a twenty four pounder. There are a lot of shalllllow place's in lake!!!!!! I had shad and cut perch for bait.

8. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    :0a23: Bigun:I went fishing there today had soom pretty good luck caught two 5 pounders 1 ten and a twenty four pounder. There are a lot of shalllllow place's in lake!!!!!! I had shad and cut perch for bait.