Lake Tawonkini - Any big catfish being caught fishing?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by turkey buzzard, Oct 8, 2007.

1. turkey buzzard

turkey buzzard New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg,Texas
    Any big fish being caught at the lake, haven't seen a post in a while from the lake. I guess the guys from Fredericksburg, Texas caught them all.

2. bwftex

bwftex New Member

State:
    Texas
    We've been catching the cats steady. Nothing real big but plenty in the three to six lb range. Bruce

3. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I caught a 17 lb blue 1st week in oct. more channels and baby blues than i know what to do with though.

4. dab_602000

dab_602000 New Member

State:
    Ft. Worth Texas
    :big_smile:
    I would like to fish Tawonkini? I live in N Ft, Worth but don't know what part of the lake to go to. I fish off the bank because I don't have a boat. Where is a good public place to catch some nice fish. Thanks I am new to this club and have learned alot from yall:wink:

5. jwillie

jwillie New Member

State:
    texas
    i caught a 28#30# fisn the humps by dam plenty small blues $ channels using D.K.in trees l.o.l. jwillie

6. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    caught a 28#30# fisn the humps by dam plenty small blues $ channels using D.K.in trees l.o.l. jwillie

Thats where I have been fishin latley how is the cedar cove ramp?
    Caught a 22 # last weekend but looking for 50# plus.

7. easttexcowboy55

easttexcowboy55 New Member

Catfish doing good at Martin Creek we caught 30 Qts of filet fish this week. One that weighed 40lbs.

Attached Files:

8. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i always heard of tawakini being a good eater size lake, especially when people are fishin in the trees, do yall just fish by the trees? or do you chum first?

9. dab_602000

dab_602000 New Member

State:
    Ft. Worth Texas
    I am heading to the lake this morning. I am on vacation and have been fishing every day except when NASCAR was here this weekend. I will let yall know how I do at Tawakini. I am sure I will catch something there. All the lake around D/FW are good. As long as I am fishing it is all good:wink:

10. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    David, Luke Clayton here. If you're heading to Tawakoni, try bank fishing around Anchor Inn Marina. Lots of folks do and they catch lots of fish, especially after a few days of south wind.. Good luck!

11. fatfreddy

fatfreddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bank fishing is good at holiday marina there is a public boat ramp if you take a right just before the marina. it was closed last year but it is open now and the water is to low to launch a boat now so there is no traffic. good luck