Lake Tawokoni Question

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SeanT., Aug 18, 2009.

1. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    I havent been to there in probally 25 years and was wondering where a good spot to launch a boat is and where to start fishing at? Not trying to steal anyones secret fishing holes but a general area would be nice.:wink: What is the boat traffic like out there this time of year also?

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have only fished there 3 times and all 3 we caught a lot of fish. we put in at wind point park and go north to the point with a lot of big rocks. be careful on the way to there as there are a lot of stumps.

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Thats a good play Bobby. For the last 6 weeks,we have been launching at Wind Point Park,south ramp,and heading due south towards the 2 mile bridge. Stop about 5/8 of the way there,and about 300-400yards off the east bank. Should be alot of boat docks and houses. Drift that towards wind point with a south wind. We have been wearing the fish out. Unfortunately,I am temporarily out of fishing. Nearly cut a finger off with my electric fillet knife.

If need be,I can hook my gps up in my boat and get you the coordinates and waypoints. Just PM me

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    you are supposed to cut the fish with the knife. you must have your motor running again. i have been fishing the coast since it is so hot. i am planning on being back around lavon and tawakoni around january. are you catching any big blues?

5. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    I'll figure it out, I was just wanting a general area to start in. I should be arriving 6ish on Friday evening provided I dont get caughtup in any work related problems.

Thanks for the help guys.Very much appreciated.:cool2:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    work, if you retire all you have to worry about is when the next fishing or hunting trip begins. good luck..

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Small fish can be caught just about anywhere on the lake. Big blues have been really hard to come by. If those other spots dont work out try the woods south of the 2 mile bridge in 30 to 34 feet of water. Smaller channels and blues have been stacked up in there for a few months. Try suspending your baits as most of the fish will be suspended.

8. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Was just wondering how your trip to Tawakoni was SeanT. Hopefully you tore them up.

9. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    We decided on RC this time. It was a bust though, ignition switch on boat broke. Ended up being a camping trip, but luckily an old timer there gave us a few fish he caught. We are hopefully going to go to Tawakoni in 3-4 weeks if we have the boat fixed by then. I hope the weather cools a few degrees by then too.

10. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    Heading to Tawakoni this weekend with the wife and kids provided the weather cooperates. If you see this boat stop by and say HI.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  11. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    I'm showing an 80% chance of rain so I may not be there this Saturday afterall.:angry: