Lake Tawakoni

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Sep 5, 2008.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    The fish are back in the shallows after the cool front. I got off work today at noon, and caught 17 keepers in about an hour and ten minutes. I was fishing in about 4 feet of water about 50 yards off of the bank. Great way to end the week of work. I had to leave so I could go to a high school football game.

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Where were you fishing? I may go to tawakoni tomorrow and give it a try.

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I was fishing in Sycamore Cove, which is by Rolling Hills. I was in a boat, I dont know if you can get there bank fishing. When this pattern was working in the spring and early summer I could catch fish off of the bank at Wind Point. There is some weeds right in front of a picnic table by the swimming area that are easily reachable from the bank. I have caught many channels there in the past.

4. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Last time I was at wind point,they were biting out on the point. Mostly by the boat ramp going towards the swimming area. What kind of bait were you using?

5. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I was using Sonny's blood bait.

6. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Do you ever fish any on Cooper?

7. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I fish Cooper more often than Tawakoni. I went to Tawakoni today with my youngest daughter. She caught her 1st catfish. It was every bit of 14" long. She said she has to eat it. I however, caught nothing.

8. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    She caught a catfish, and hopefully your geeting her hooked on fishing! Your both win!!!

9. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Congrats to your daughter on her first fish. Hope there are many more to come. My youngest son and I went out Wednesday evening. The wind was fairly strong out of the north. We caught 10 keepers, all channels. I was hoping to do some fishing this weekend, but I dont think I want to brave the winds off of Ike. I wish everyone down south a safe weekend.

10. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    I can't wait till the BOC Gathering in Oct!!! I have always wanted to fish Twak, and I have been searching the lake on my GPS and marking some good looking places!! I know where the bigones are probably going to be, but I don't know if my Basstracker can handle the waves if the wind gets up while we are out there in deep water!! I am really thinking HARD on finding a Pontoon boat to rebuild so we can fish where we want to and not worry SOO much about wind and waves!!!

So to those of you who fish Twak all the time, what is the fishing going to be like when the gathering going to be??? I know it will depend on the weather conditions, but just in general what is it like in early October??

Thanks for any info Yall can provide!
    Andy

11. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    I forgot to say CONGRATS on your Daughters first Catfish!!!! She will be hooked from now on! I bet she will be pestering you all the time to take her fishing!!:smile2:

Take Care and beware of IKE!
    Andy

12. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Fished the lake Sat and Sun. Really slow, seems like the fish are in all out transition. Caught 10 keepers Saturday(3 people), and fished by myself all day Sunday and caught 9 keepers. Both days caught a lot of little fish. Talked to a local guide, and he is still catching pretty good, but he told me as soon as you start catching the little ones move on. I will try today, and tomorrow, see how it goes. Should pick up again soon, this cold front should turn them on just in time for the gathering.

13. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS