Lake Tawakoni

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by motard1, May 27, 2008.

1. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I fished at wind point on tawakoni sunday. Nothing. A friend of mine was fishing on the point, and caught a few. There was an asian man there by my buddy. He said he was using cut "yellow bass" for bait. I have never heard this, but he limited out in a couple of hours. Whats the hidden secret here.

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Yellow bass or bar fish are considered a game fish by TPWD and are NOT legal to use as bait in Texas.

3. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    That's a good way to loose a boat, truck and all your fishing stuff, using Game fish as Bait!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy: I know one of the Game Wardens in Navarro County well, and he told us about running to some trot liners using baby Crappie for bait, and he busted their Arses!!!!!!:eek:oooh: They said they thought they were some kind of Shad!!:confused2::roll_eyes: It didn't matter to him , what they said they thought they were using, AT ALL!!!!! So I have taught my Son to really look to see what falls out of the throw net!! During early Summer ESPECIALLY!!!

I would hate to see someone to get into that kind of trouble just to catch some fish faster!!!!

Anyway Good Fishing to all and Take Care!
    Andy:wink:

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Not to stereotype or single anyone out but i have seen that quite a bit w/people of asian decent, i dont know if they dont care about the regs or just dont know about them, but they will anything & everything for bait, even if it is a gamefish. you are right that is a good way to lose all your fishing stuff!!!!!

5. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Its strange how immigrants act. They try so hard to get into this country. Then they don't have the decency to abide by our laws. I wish someone would finally do something about people like this. It's this type of mentallity that ruins things for the rest of us.

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    wow guys, the two quotes above this one really stereotypes some folks.
    i have to say, that ALOT of folks are not informed of the laws. It is no excuse, but the next time u see someone doing this just let them know that it is not right.
    I made the same mistake the asian man did. I could see no bag limit or size limit in the regs for yellow bass, so i assumed they were legal for bait, well i asked the warden and they are not, so i released all the 3" yellow bass that i had in livewell.

7. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I didn't think I was being stereotypical. I feel that laws are very important. I also feel they should be enforced equally. Also,ignorance is no excuse. You should try going to mexico, or china, and do something illegal. Then tell the police that you didn't know. See what happens. It is everyones responsibility to learn the laws. Oh yeah, you ever try to tell a stranger they are wrong? Most people take offense. One last thing, most people disregard the law anyways. You ever drive the speed limit, only to get passed by everyoneelse? Or see drunk people operating boats, or cars. There has to be some amount of personal accountability, regardless of ignorance.

8. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    It is what you know or should know that matters and makes the difference. Choosing to be intentionally indifferent the the standards of our sport or the laws regulating it suggests that you are taking a calculated risk that you don't get caught and when you do you deserve what you get. If your not sure, Don't do it.

9. Sigmar

Sigmar New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm sure Ben isn't out to offend anyone. I'm a immigrant myself outta Germany and raised in Louisiana, even joined the military. The first German Cajun in the family lol. Now that being said I was brought up on the laws of this great country and do my best to abide by them ( a little bit of a lead foot). People do sometimes get offended when your trying to help them out by telling them their doing something wrong. Sometimes its because the way we tell them sometimes its because their an a$$ and just don't care. But for those that take heed of advice then its worth it to take the time and let them know they may be doing something illegal. Just my 2 cents.

10. bigsmitty13

bigsmitty13 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Half the battle at wind point is being able to get your bait to where the fish are. Probably what kept you from limiting like the china man. While him using an illegal bait is troubling, so is your attitude of wishing someone else would do something about it. If you didn't want to say something to him yourself, you could have at least contacted the game warden. If he knows where to look it is much easier to catch a violator. Doing nothing and then griping about it later does nothing to take care of a problem, regardless of ones heritage.

11. texas_slab

texas_slab New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I THINK THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF GOOD OL BOYS THAT DO THE SAMETHING AS THE CHINA MAN SO ITS NOT JUST PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRYS, BUT AS SPORTSMAN I DO THINK THAT WE HAVE TO STEP UP AND TELL OTHERS THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS AGIANST THE LAW AND REATHER IT IS ETHICALLY WRONG OR NOT IT IS STILL AGIANST THE LAW.

12. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I actually contacted the wardens. There response times leave something to be desired. As far as "wishing someone else would do something", I have tried on numerous occasions to talk to thIS TYPE people, with nothing but crappy attitude. I am always very nice,to everyone,but I catch the same crap. If I were to do what I want, I would break their rods in half, then pknock their teeth out. I hate people that don't abide by laws. IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE. PERIOD.