Lake Tawakoni

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chuck7700, Jul 19, 2007.

1. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    anybody been fishing this lake recently? I fished there last Saturday and saw the white bass schooling and caught 14 or so. I just wanted to know if any mamber would like to fish this lake with me. I have a 2006- 23 foot Galaxy fish and shi boat with a 82 lb. thrust trolling motor. just thought i would see if theres any takers?

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Hey Chuck I live in Paris Texas about an our or so from you id be interested in fishing with you sometime.Sounds like you have a nice rig your fishing out of,and by the way welcome to the BOC.

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I wanted to add that i fish Cooper Lake and Pat mayes mostly never been on Tawakoni in a boat.

4. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    how the fishing in pat mayes and cooper lake. call me.home 972-462-8589

5. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Well pat mayes sucks as usual lol few channels a night and occasionally catch the whites schooling and you can hammer em.Cooper on the other hand it went from 10 feet down to 2 feet high in a couple of months so everything is new vegetation to them and they are scattered.Ive heard tawakoni is on fire for blues and channels is this true ?

6. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    i don't know. last week was my first time. i has my wife with me and she doesn't care for catfishing.

7. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went out two or three weekends ago. Put in at about 2 and fished until 7. Both of us caught our limit. Went home and cleaned um up. Fried 'em up the next day. Good old Tawakoni, she just can't be beat in my opinion. I'll be out there tomorrow with my son and nephew. We fish off of the rip rap at the dam with a pencil bobber about 4 feet deep with shrimp. We've torn 'em up every time we've been this year. Hope to see y'all on the water!!

8. bigsmitty13

bigsmitty13 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've got to get over to the dam. I've been fishing the North end of the lake with slow results. Been catching some blues at night from the bank with cut shad about a foot deep on a bobber.