Lake Tawakoni

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by turkey buzzard, Feb 10, 2007.

1. turkey buzzard

turkey buzzard New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg,Texas
    How low is lake Tawakoni and is there any boat ramps available. I understand they lowered the boat ramps when the lake got so low.
    Carl

2. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    The ramp in the State park is usable.

3. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tawakoni is still a bit low but the state park ramp and the ramp at anchor inn marina are open for sure. I interview guides George Rule and David Hanson regurarly for my radio show, archived here on the BOC. Both guides have put clients of 50 plus pound blues the past few days. Fishing here for big blues is about as good as it gets. Remember, you can click on the CATFISH RADIO icon here on the BOC and listen to plenty of catfish talk from our radio show that airs every saturday! Good fishing to you, my friend! Luke Clayton

4. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I thought I remembered Tawakoni being about 17' low at the end of October or so of 2006. I saw yesterday on the TPWD website that it's only 9' down now. Some guys that work with my brother at the salt mine in Grand Saline say that they put in recently at Holiday Marina, but that the state park ramp was closed due to an investigation of some drowning that took place months ago. I'm not sure though, I haven't been out there since October. I'll repost in a few weeks. I'm in the process of planning a trip now.

5. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Got the boat wet for the first time this year. My 13 year old nephew and I hit the water about 2pm last saturday. We high-tailed it from Holiday Marina to the rock at the dam, pretty far north, and parked it. We sat there for roughly 4.5 hours and caught 26 keepers. The largest was roughly 5 lbs. We were fishing with shrimp and a cork about 4 ft deep. Was a pretty darn good day. Best we've had in some time. The lake was very busy. We waited in line to put in and waited in line to get out. The lake is now about 8' low. It looks alot better than it did last October, but it's still pretty bad. At least the fish were biting. If the storms miss us on Sunday my 7 year old son and I will be back out there early sunday morning.

Happy fishing.