Lake Tawakoni, TX

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by tobystan_2000, Nov 28, 2006.

1. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anyone out there fish Lake Tawakoni or Lake Ray Hubbard?

2. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Try Lake Fork instead of Tawakoni. Fork always produces!!!!!!!

3. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Amoung all the north Texas cat fisherman I know, when it comes to catching numbers and size of catfish, Fork ranks pretty low when compared to other lakes in the area. When cat tourney's are held there, on average, it usually have the lightest weigh-ins of the year. Not that you can't catch them there, but day-in, day-out there are better choices locally. Yearly they hold a big cat tourney there because of the facilities available which were built for the lakes legendary bass population.
    In the same general area of the state, before I'd fish Fork for cats, I'd fish: Tawakoni, Palestine, or Cedar Creek. Hubbard is an excellent cat lake as is Lavon and Richland Chambers. Of course, most of these extremely low right right now but I know Lavon, Hubbard, and Cedar Creek are producing nice blues. My guess would be that Tawakoni and Palestine are as well.
    This three to four day cold blast we have coming may change that for the next week or so.

4. bigcatch87

bigcatch87 New Member

State:
    louisianna
    lavon is your the best bet right now fishing has been good the there dispite the low water

5. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    wow...i strongly disagree with the statement about fork not producing numbers. i typically pull in 60 fish a day on my trips. now size might be a factor. i am not looking to catch the hog just lots of decent size fish. most fish i catch at fork are 4 - 6 pounds with a few dinks at every hole.